Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smiley face signs??

Options
  • 15-03-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Ok it may sound a bit mad but im as curious as hell to know if anybody knows what the smiley face signs posted up at a few road junctions in the bagnalstown, borris, goresbridge area are.. They are basically election poster sized white posters with a big yellow smiley on them.. any ideas anyone?? Pm me if its something thats not for public knowledge.. thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

hrcbob wrote: »
    Ok it may sound a bit mad but im as curious as hell to know if anybody knows what the smiley face signs posted up at a few road junctions in the bagnalstown, borris, goresbridge area are.. They are basically election poster sized white posters with a big yellow smiley on them.. any ideas anyone?? Pm me if its something thats not for public knowledge.. thanks!!

This has been going on down in Waterford for the best part of 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

any idea wat its about?? someone suggested it was an old rave sign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

any idea wat its about?? someone suggested it was an old rave sign

Yes, AFAIK it's a throw off from the rave scene. I remember seen it everywhere in Waterford. In both the city and countryside. On walls, foot paths, gates etc.

A work colleague of mind had one sprayed on his newly paved driveway. He called the gardaí, they told him that they knew who was behind it but didn't want to arrest him because it would generate too much publicity and encourage copycats.

yea but these arent the usual :) smiley.. ill try get a pic up.. are they used for directions or just someone takin d piss??

these are the ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

I have been wondering about these all week. There is one down the road from my house but haven't seen them anywhere else. Bit freaky looking really! Would love to know what they are about, very odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

these are the ones
    looks like an emoticon for a thief

they are a bit mad lookin alright.. they definatly have gotten peoples attention whatever theyre about.. i guess we dont move in the right circles to be told ha ha :rolleyes:

Ok so the mystery has been solved.. they are signs givin out over the possible planning for a waste permit near corries cross.. Dam the organisers for tugging at the heart strings of all us old rave heads.. :mad:

Advertisement