Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more screen advice

Options
  • 15-03-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Recently built a new computer with a nvidia GTX570 graphics card. looks fine on old monitor. Bought new samsung tv "syncmaster350" and picture is not as clear / sharp as i had expected. used hdmi cable to connect the two of them. any thoughts on what i shouyld adjust / try....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Don't know if this helps but is your output definitely coming from your graphics card and not from the GPU in the processor?

Has your tv got a dvi input that you could test? Just to ensure it's not a lack of quality over the HDMI cable.

What size is the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jrby wrote: »
    Bought new samsung tv "syncmaster350" and picture is not as clear / sharp as i had expected.
    Not sure what you mean by this. Is the image fuzzy? Pixelated? Is it because the screen itself is not the quality you expected or do you think you just dont have your output set to the correct, native resolution of the tv?

the 350 series I dont think is a TV, it's a monitor; and the correct resolution should be 1920x1080.

Advertisement