Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone ever bread livefood for reptiles? cockroaches?

Options
  • 15-03-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

seems easy enough if right heat applied and males and female ratio is good .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

irishjay wrote: »
    seems easy enough if right heat applied and males and female ratio is good .

The heat is the tricky bit i reckon..i'm experimenting with breeding crickets for my fish and my gf has a dragon..they havnt layed yet so it might be the time to use a reading lamp or something similar.

Just watching a vid on breeding crickets at the moment

Any more info would be welcome..

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

im trying to figure out a good cheap safe lheat source i can use . and they ie roaches are a lover of the dark .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

If you can get your hands on a starter colony of blaptica dubia roaches they are very easy to breed.

I had them in black storage container with holes in the top. a heat mat outside underneath and lots of egg cartons inside, fed them carrots etc etc. You'll have lots in no time. You'll want about 100 to start.

They're great because they are completely silent, don't jump and won't infest your house if they escape.

nice ive a low power heat mat just 5w power .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

That might be ok. It'll depend on the ambient temperature of the room. If I remember correctly it only needs to be about 25 degrees in the tub.

• Advertisement

cheers cant wait to get started me and the mate .. keep us off the drink too . happy paddys weekend all .. and lets kick ass in the rugby tomorrow ..

Advertisement