Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a difference between Place betting and Each Way betting?

Options
  • 15-03-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but is there a difference between place betting and each way betting?

I know each way has the win element and the place element, so is there any way of betting on a horse just to place?

Can't seem to find this option on the Paddy Power site.. Is it only available in store?Or does it even exist?

The reason I ask is because I spotted this in the ''more markets explained'' ad on PP site -

''If you think that the horse you fancy is unlikely to win a race, but will still put up a good show, Place Betting could be the perfect solution for you.

If you bet on a horse to finish in a place, you are backing the horse to finish in the top 2, 3 or 4, depending on the number of runners in the race.''

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

On PP at the top of the racecard you should see 'all markets', click on that and you will see an option to back for a place

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Thank you cup of tea (never thought I'd be thanking a cup of tea! :P )

tbh, I never even realised that option existed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sandram1836

For place betting you still get paid the same price if it wins, even if it places... Each way is probably a better option!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Basicly the difference is

Eachway : your making 2 bets, one for the win part & the other the place bet so a fiver E/W will cost you €10. If the horse wins at 12/1 you get the win part which returns €65 & the place bet returns €20 at 1/4 odds so for your €10 you win €85

Place bet : is one bet your backing a horse to finish placed normally in the first 3. you get paid the same money if the horse finnished first, 2nd or 3rd you are not backing to win so a fiver place bet will cost you €5. If the horse wins at 12/1 you get place money only which at 1/4 odds you win €20

Advertisement