Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish community, ahoy?

Options
  • 15-03-2012 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey folks,

I'm just back to WoW after a pretty lengthy break due to travel and other jazz and have found my predominantly Irish guild (Saoirse of Kilrogg(former world no1 ten man guild, go Irish, wut)) all but gone, there is one character who plays all day everyday in there and its likely a bot, which is lame. Essentially with the major drop off in players I'm starting a fresh in the game, all my old pals and **** have dropped off the face of the earth and the few hardcore progression heads I knew are all doing there thing still and I'm not so keen on it. I'd just like to know if there is another group of ye guys out there, I heard of The Red Branch Guild on Argent Dawn but that appears to be dead now as well. So where are you guys playing and such, is there a couple of ye I could bum along with and just chill with whilst I level something and play this game much more casually than I did before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

couple of us started playing again on Outland but doubt many will be back till a week or two before panda hits, i'm going to try and convince people to stop playing LoL / SWTOR and hit up some wow again. we pretty much just log on to do LFR / lvl alts, that's about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Asc

Ah, sweet, just logged out of Outland after a quick chat with a super friendly DK called Calistrae or sommat, said you'd all bailed to SWTOR alright. How would you guys be feelin' about my levelling a charrie up alongside ye just to share in the banter only Irish can provide. Well able to hold my own and **** regardless of class if I'm needed for ought but would be a pretty casual player. Reckon that'd be cool?

yeah sure more members are always welcome, especially seeing as nobody is ever on, it's nice to kill a bit of free time anyway and abuse people on this Mumble malarkey, i'm pretty sure if i moan enough i can get one or two people back.

just don't ask Doc what the hit-cap is or if he's spamming Q hard enough

Hm, guess I could do, as long as he is open to questions regarding how much spell pen I need for PvE bosses and why everytime I hit commanding shout I lose the str and agi buff on my warrior. D:

Er, on a more serious note. I'm pretty much open to levelling anything I've most at 80 from when I used to play but all Horde. Anything in particular you guys could use, a regular healer/tank or you want me to strap my keyboard to my face and run at the wall to extrapolate my max dps!

Also, if he's a druid and spamming? Does that mean he is cat dps? Son, I am disappoint.

• Advertisement

haha i think he was failing at dodging some boss ability on our hc progress about a year ago and he had sprint bound to Q, and then when we downed it he had done like 7k dps because he hadn't realised all his gear was broken. we've been taking the piss ever since

as far as useful class goes, play whatever you enjoy, cuz there ain't gonna be no raidin' till panda hits is my guess, although everyone seems to hate tanking.

Heh, suits me. I've all four tank classes levelled, so am down to do that again. Kinda psyched now, so might roll something now and get the horribad 1-15 grind, though a DK would solve that issue, hrm, out of the way before I can sit in LFG and faceroll to victory. Lemme know on here if you or any of the others jump online so we can natter a bit if you're keen. I'll be on a character with some variation of Asc, probably, yo.

well i'm online now but i can't send a ginvite, i'm usually on fryberg, fryward, frybrator or vícky (c-c-c-combo breaker)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Who in their right mind would go to a server, to have to wait 15mins to get into the game..? Screw outland!

Come to Shadowsong... Or if all u desire is Irish players, then ghostlands is the place to be. Swarming with the bastards!!

Ah, well, it's a little too late for that jazz now I fear. Rolled a DK last night and hit some dungeons with Fiinch here. Blew up Ramparts a few times, was good craic. Good to hear there is still some Irish floating about all over the place though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'll throw you an invite to the guild when your on

Social spots are always welcome, when it comes to the organised raiding though, spots will be hard to come by.

I think we are going to do a blitz of DS heroic clear before MOP, just for the lols, and then continue on with MOP progression.

And Johnny **** you, just **** you in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

I've got a guild on The Sha'tar that has a fair amount of Irish people on it :D We're a social, casual guild though. We have lulz but we don't really raid. Only doing the dark phoenix runs atm.
    Anyone friendly is always welcome though :D

Heyo,

While I have rolled a character on Outland I might pop in to say hi to you guys! Gonna need a guild name and faction though, ha. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

My main's name is Reirei and I'm Horde :D The guild is Hysteria. We're very laid back and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Akarinn wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would go to a server, to have to wait 15mins to get into the game..? Screw outland!

Come to Shadowsong... Or if all u desire is Irish players, then ghostlands is the place to be. Swarming with the bastards!!

Just as a matter of interested who do you know?
    I kinda of hand a hand in bringing allot of new players from Kilkenny to ghostlands. We've been in guilds like Eternals, FTW, Knights of the Templar and on Horde we made our own guild Unleashed, and later joined Messias as we pushed for best horde 25 for most of wotlk.

Davaeo/Tenkei here, played a holy paladin.
    I'll list off some other Irish players I know that play(ed) on ghostlands
    Ottobus, Suidas, Naiia, Acó, Eircom, Arillius, Balthazar, Kanja, Eoj, Xpórt and Karabos, Skidd, Lucyshadow, Alteril and well greya even though he was more Scottish than Irish :cool:

Sorry if this is a strange post and if I have hi-jacked the thread.

Back on topic, i've not played cata for almost 5 months now. I found it hard to stay motivated to play this expansion as more and more IRL mates dropped off the face of Azeroth for IRL adventures and what not. But I did indeed play on Ghostlands

Oh and Happy St Patricks day seen as we're all talking about Ireland :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Asc,

would recommend you check out the above link, Its a community page for Irish group in SWTOR but if you check the facebook page ect there are a group of Irish that still play in WoW .

The guild you are probably looking for on outland is ATT and faction is Alliance, i will let thedoc give you his name as i dont know what it is.

It is much quieter in WoW these days though as folks that have completed the content are bored and waiting for MOP.

Advertisement