Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding Oscars on holidays?

Options
  • 15-03-2012 7:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going away soon and wondering how can i feed my fish when i'm away..i've heard there are automatic feeders etc but have also heard a a week without food wont hurt them...anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You can get automatic feeders but I have never used them myself. Fish can go a long time without food, the example being females holding eggs in their mouths for upto a month and they don't eat during that time.

I wouldn't do it myself as surly the fish would deteriorate physically after a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

one week is no problem for an adult oscar, automatic feeders are a waste in my opinion.

when i kept oscars, i always enjoyed how interactive they were at feeding time.

Advertisement