Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoes cutting into heel

• 15-03-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this the right forum but here goes

Bought some shoes online, they are a kind of low cut type of shoe and fit really well but I've only got a days use out of them because by the time I got home the shoes had cut into the back of my heel and now are very uncomfortable to wear.

I know I probably have to break them in but is there anything I can do to help with the discomfort otherwise I can't see myself breaking them in!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Battleflag wrote: »
    Don't know if this the right forum but here goes

Bought some shoes online, they are a kind of low cut type of shoe and fit really well but I've only got a days use out of them because by the time I got home the shoes had cut into the back of my heel and now are very uncomfortable to wear.

I know I probably have to break them in but is there anything I can do to help with the discomfort otherwise I can't see myself breaking them in!

What I do with new shoes and have also passed on the tip to my daughters is to apply your face moisturiser to the inside of the shoe by the heel and also to your own heel. It just works for us. What I find is that it the inside of the shoe and your own heel will not grate against each other as they are lubricated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Get gel cushions that stick to the back of the shoe. Topshop have them for €5, they're brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Cheers for the tips, these gel cushions sound good as I don't have moisturiser. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Wear socks with them around the house, that helps break them in. Vaseline is really good too, rub it on your heels and the tins are small enough to fit in your bag so if you need more, you have it with you.

Advertisement