Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canada: IEC: Proof of Payment

• 15-03-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Mod's feel free to merge this if necessary, i just didnt want it getting lost in another thread, but I know theres already a ton of "How do i get to Canada?" threads.
    Hopefully it may be of help to others in our situation.

Got an email from the jokers on Monday saying they couldnt find the payments etc., had till Thursday to furninsh it.

We paid from an AIB account online, whilst in Canada.
    Spoke to their 24 hr help line who confirmed that it was sitting in their account since Feb 28th but wouldnt email me a confirmation, for security reasons, this from Online Banking Customer Support, in 2012.

But she would send a letter out re: same, no use to me but sure go on anyways I said.
    She also said that the Sort Code relates to an account at the IFSC & the address the IEC gave is Grafton St.

Tried the local bank to see if they could email or do a letter on the spot and have someone collect it, no go.

In the meantime we went into our online banking, went to:
    Tranfers & Payments
    View My Payment Logs
    &
    Took a screen shot

Fortunately the letter arrived the next day, but it wasnt as detailed as the screen shot so included both.

My girlfriend only had a bank statement, which had the banks ref. but not the LDN No. nor actual confirmation that it was in their account, only that it had left her account.

She sent a screen shot and a PDF of her statement and we bot got confirmation of payment this morning.

Hope this is of some use to people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

Thanks for this! Keep the info coming and it's bound to help some of us out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

Mod's feel free to merge this if necessary, i just didnt want it getting lost in another thread, but I know theres already a ton of "How do i get to Canada?" threads.
    Hopefully it may be of help to others in our situation.

Got an email from the jokers on Monday saying they couldnt find the payments etc., had till Thursday to furninsh it.

We paid from an AIB account online, whilst in Canada.
    Spoke to their 24 hr help line who confirmed that it was sitting in their account since Feb 28th but wouldnt email me a confirmation, for security reasons, this from Online Banking Customer Support, in 2012.

But she would send a letter out re: same, no use to me but sure go on anyways I said.
    She also said that the Sort Code relates to an account at the IFSC & the address the IEC gave is Grafton St.

Tried the local bank to see if they could email or do a letter on the spot and have someone collect it, no go.

In the meantime we went into our online banking, went to:
    Tranfers & Payments
    View My Payment Logs
    &
    Took a screen shot

Fortunately the letter arrived the next day, but it wasnt as detailed as the screen shot so included both.

My girlfriend only had a bank statement, which had the banks ref. but not the LDN No. nor actual confirmation that it was in their account, only that it had left her account.

She sent a screen shot and a PDF of her statement and we bot got confirmation of payment this morning.

Hope this is of some use to people.

Thanks, this is very helpful, I made my payment 9 days ago and e-mailed my form 6 days ago and still haven't heard anything so I'm very worried. When did they e-mail you? After you had sent the form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Thanks, this is very helpful, I made my payment 9 days ago and e-mailed my form 6 days ago and still haven't heard anything so I'm very worried. When did they e-mail you? After you had sent the form?

I paid 6 days after the initial email request to pay.
    They emailed about the 3 weeks after payment was made, saying they couldnt find it etc.

My best advice from dealing with them is make sure you're careful when completing stuff and email them after, they wont reply but its a papertrail at least.

And prepare for a long wait, this is ongoing for me since Jan 13th and were only just through to the second phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

Thanks for the info guys, keep the comments coming as its bound to help some of us out! Best of luck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CGray

Out of interest Frank, did you email your proof of payment to the re-ldn.iec@etc email address or to the ldn.iec@etc address?

I got the same request for proof of payment this Monday and sent it to the re-ldn one, but haven't gotten the usual confirmation that they received my email.

Their new 'streamlined' system is a step backwards from last year's, first the Medical Declaration form fiasco, now this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

Hey all,

Can any of you help with the below questions?

I"m in Canada, loving it but have stupidly left only 11.5 weeks until my current visa expires. I've a wonderful job in my field and a permanent contract which is only valid as long as I keep a valid work permit, so you can see my predicament (I'll be applying for PNP in 6 months when I've 1 year work exp, but my visa expires June 22nd so need a 2nd IEC).

Could you answer the questions below? (or as many as possible?)
    1. Do you send any payment whatsoever with the original application form in the post? (the 'Step-by-Step Guide' doesn't mention sending payment with the initial application, but the 'Instruction Guide' pdf referred to in the Step-by-Step Guide says that you must submit $150 with the application)
    2. Do you send the 'Document Checklist' (also not mentioned in the 'Step-by-Step Guide', but mentioned in the 'Instruction Guide' pdf referred to in the Step-by-Step Guide'...)? One of the boxes you are supposed to tick on this Document Checklist form is 'fee payment in acceptable format'...this is also confusing me with regards to question 1 above.
    3. If you have to submit payment with your application (and not after having received an email saying they received your application as I am gathering from the above), what ways can you pay? Last year it was only by wire transfer...I cannot see clarification for this year anywhere
    4. If you have applied from Canada, can you confirm whether or not you can use a Canadian bank to do the payment? The document checklist says that you cannot do the fee payment using a Canadian bank account...this is worrying me too

A friend has kindly answered the above :)
    Payment after they send you a mail.

Another question though...can you send the initial application forms via registered post this year? I know you couldn't last year but I did see that it mentions to send them by 'registered courrier' if you want this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

monkeerina wrote: »
    A friend has kindly answered the above :)
    Payment after they send you a mail.

Another question though...can you send the initial application forms via registered post this year? I know you couldn't last year but I did see that it mentions to send them by 'registered courrier' if you want this year

either or, just send it by a secure method so you're sure it gets there

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    either or, just send it by a secure method so you're sure it gets there

Perhaps that's why it's taking them extra time this year...they've to sacrifice one of their staff to signing for registered mail all day :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

Did anyone use Ulster Bank online for the payment? Im not sure the WTN appears when u make the payment? Maybe im been paronoid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

To be honest, if you specifically ask your bank for a electronic funds transfer, the reference that will credit the embassys account will be a system generated reference such as j8dksls0200 or something with numbers/letters then you have the option where you enter your WTN in a reference/message line seperatley..

Has anyone else found this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nansheen

could anyone tell me if a normal lodgment stub is enough to prove payment to send to the canadian embassey? we have just paid through the bank and were told it would be all we`d need as proof but on the letter from the Embassey they ask you to provide an "inward payment receipt", is it the same thing?

thanks, any help with this will really put my mind to rest. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

nansheen wrote: »
    could anyone tell me if a normal lodgment stub is enough to prove payment to send to the canadian embassey? we have just paid through the bank and were told it would be all we`d need as proof but on the letter from the Embassey they ask you to provide an "inward payment receipt", is it the same thing?

thanks, any help with this will really put my mind to rest. :)

Don't know. The bank would be able to answer ya faster than any1 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nansheen

i just got confirmation from the embassy and the stub is enough proof. thanks

Advertisement