Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor Gas LPG rental Tank charge

Options
  • 15-03-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Calor Gas - L p g Tank rental charges
    Has anyone else gotten a letter from Calor Gas this week stating they are upping the fee for renting their LPG tank from €100 to €200 per year? What the hello time to get it removed I think and stick with our back boiler..

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Wow. never even knew they charged rent on it. Do Flogas?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

As a matter of interest, what size is the tank(capacity) and how
    expensive is it to fill?
    Just roughly pricing up a job at the moment and would like to give
    the customer(potentially) some added info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

xhaven1, I would look at having the main tank removed and running the system off bottles. There is an added cost of setting up but should work out in the long run. LPG will never be cheaper than oil so that would be the better long term suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

xhaven1 wrote: »
    Calor Gas - L p g Tank rental charges
    Has anyone else gotten a letter from Calor Gas this week stating they are upping the fee for renting their LPG tank from €100 to €200 per year? What the hello time to get it removed I think and stick with our back boiler..

Tell them you can't affored the increased rental charge and for them to remove it within 28days so you can fit an oil tank, if they fail to remove it you will be charging them a monthly rental for storing it.

Advertisement