Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No red arrows at volvo race.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Remember the village that was between Salthill and Knocknacarra? Where's that eh?
    :pac::pac::pac:
    I don't recall any bombs or any deaths...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

vulcan57 wrote: »
    I think that the time you are talking about they left for a show in France after displaying at Salthill but the show wasn't until the next day. Could be wrong and I stand to be corrected if so. They have, however, done two shows in the one day before on several occasions but Maybe the cut backs in funds are preventing this.

I found an old thread that says it was the same day, it was the last time they were here for the ocean race, they went to France straight after for another air show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Shame, it would have been cool and an extra draw to Galway. The VOR should be great though all the same - especially if we get the weather. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

The Reds not only have RIAT that weekend but they are also displaying at Silverstone for the British Grand Prix. I Think two very good reasons why they are unable to appear at the VOR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

Can there not be another show by another entity.

Be it dj's , dance , parade , whatever.

Once in a lifetime opportunity GALWAY.

Let's make the best of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

vulcan57 wrote: »
    The Reds not only have RIAT that weekend but they are also displaying at Silverstone for the British Grand Prix. I Think two very good reasons why they are unable to appear at the VOR.

Very inconsiderate of the VOR organizers not to consider that when they picked their dates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

jased10s wrote: »
    Can there not be another show by another entity.

Be it dj's , dance , parade , whatever.

Once in a lifetime opportunity GALWAY.

Let's make the best of it.

How about a boat race?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Shame, it would have been cool and an extra draw to Galway. The VOR should be great though all the same - especially if we get the weather. Fingers crossed :)

Buy one of these and put it in the garden the night before ;)

Advertisement