Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog eating stones

• 15-03-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi
    I have a 7 month old boxer/ collie cross. She is literally eating/ chewing everything! I know she is a puppy & teething etc but this is quite bad.

We have found small stones (gravel) from the back garden in her poo. Also small pieces of chewed sticks/ branches.

I supervise her as much as possible but she still manages to do it!
    Has anyone come across this & how to deal with it. I'm really worried she is seriously going to damage herself.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

Teething, they all go through it. My shep at 6 months destroyed a small fir tree while i was at work one day. Throw in some boredom and nothings safe.
    I got him some marrow bones to gnaw on. Just dont leave it there all the time, they lose interest in it. I also found an ice cube worked a treat when i caught him chewing on something.

As for the stones, yep have had that issue with any pup i had. Always a worry something will lodge. Just supervision and provide something else to chew on.

Puppy proof the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

My friend bought a chew toy for her puppys which is like a childrens teething ring. It consists of three very large plastic key's on a ring that you put in the freezer before giving it to them to chew and it really works a treat.
    Failing that, some of the larger Kong toys are great for dog's with teething problems or chewing issues and will keep then gnawing away safely for hours - especially the ones that you can put the treat inside.

Advertisement