Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ah I feel relief.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Reading the title I thought this thread was gonna be about finally being able to pee after holding it in uncomfortably for hours in a boring tutorial or meeting or a bus journey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

21-yr-old convicted of Lukasz Rzeszutko murder.

Does anybody else breed a sigh of relief reading this

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0315/rzeszutkol.html

Yes it is always good to see scumbags go to jail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

21-yr-old convicted of Lukasz Rzeszutko murder.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0315/rzeszutkol.html[/QUOTE]

Not really ,Glad he got life & hopefully will do a very long sentence,But thankfully most people go about there business without being killed and in this case it shows that sometimes justice does work despite him pleading guilty to manslaughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Guess relief means different things to different people. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

I feel sick when I read it. I hope they stay inside for a very long time. It's different to the usual drug dealer kills drug dealer stuff. Somebody walking to work in a fish factory gets beaten to death for amusement.

It's for this kind of crime that they should bring back hard labour. Fcuk the death penalty, these guys deserves to endure a miserable rotten life for as long as we can keep them alive.

Probably be out in 6 years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

He even looks like feral vermin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

No, and I'm quite scared that you do?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

realies wrote: »
    Not really ,Glad he got life & hopefully will do a very long sentence,But thankfully most people go about there business without being killed and in this case it shows that sometimes justice does work despite him pleading guilty to manslaughter.

Will be shocked if there's not at least two "bring back 'anging" posts before the first page is out. To be fair, it's an understandable response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Nope. I'll wait until he's actually sentenced. "Guilty" in this country means absolutely nothing when it comes to sentencing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Ah lads there was something about this case that wound me up. I don't know what it was, but it really grinded my gears. I was worried that your man was gonna get a light sentence but thank god he got his business sorted. Justice was served thank god!!!

MungBean wrote: »
    Nope. I'll wait until he's actually sentenced. "Guilty" in this country means absolutely nothing when it comes to sentencing.

Mandatory life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

benway wrote: »
    Will be shocked if there's not at least two "bring back 'anging" posts before the first page is out. To be fair, it's an understandable response.

Bring back Black Books. :)

token101 wrote: »
    He even looks like feral vermin.

He looks like one of those who should just be remanded in custody from his 13th birthday for

'Seriously no good can out of someone looking like this'

Mandatory life.

Ah right, missed that bit. Whats that these days anyway ? 20 odd on good behaviour ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

C.U.N.T with a capital C....and his scum mates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mandatory life.

Yeah but sentence was deferred for victim impact. In this case is it a technicality or can a minimum term be applied?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Ah lads there was something about this case that wound me up. I don't know what it was, but it really grinded my gears.!!

It was probably the fact that one of those foreignors who 'took der jobs' was actually going about his business and contributing to our society when he was set upon for no reason and beaten, so badly his coworkers and boss didn't even recognise him until he was ID'd in hospital from what I remember, by a handful of utter scumbags who should never set foot outside of a small cell again unshackled and out of a jumpsuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Ah right, missed that bit. Whats that these days anyway ? 20 odd on good behaviour ?

I'd say about 10.

• Advertisement

forfuxsake wrote: »
    Yeah but sentence was deferred for victim impact. In this case is it a technicality or can a minimum term be applied?

Nope, life for murder. No excuses. The statement is just a chance for the family to let the Court, and the public, know what they're going through.

Won't be released within 10 for absolute certain - lifers are assessed periodically by the parole board, who make a recommendation to the Minister of Justice, who has the final say. They have no right to ever be released - say this guy's a prime candidate for a full life term.

Nope, life for murder. No excuses. The statement is just a chance for the family to let people know what they're going through.

Won't be released within 10 for absolute certain - lifers are assessed periodically by the parole board, who make a recommendation to the Minister of Justice, who has the final say. They have no right to ever be released - say this guy's a prime candidate for a full life term.

Doubtful, he's being jailed early at 21. In 10 years time when he's up for parole they will go easy on him if he's been good (hasnt killed anyone I imagine) inside.

I assume he can appeal though so he may not even serve life at all will he ?

MungBean wrote:
    Doubtful, he's being jailed early at 21. In 10 years time when he's up for parole they will go easy on him if he's been good (hasnt killed anyone I imagine) inside.

Possibly, but it's unlikely any Minister for Justice will take the political risk of being seen to have released him, for as long as people remember this case - and what are the chances of him being a model prisoner if he's the kind of psycho who could do that to some random guy who's just on his way to work?
    I assume he can appeal though

He can appeal on a point of law if there were procedural problems with the trial, but the best he can hope for is a re-trial, in the unlikely event that he'd be successful. The jury's verdict of murder, and the sentence will stand until that point. No appeal against the severity of the sentence in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I really think the thread title should be changed... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I allways feel ashamed to be Irish when I see things like that happen to someone who has come to this country to make a better life for themselves.

The Polish people I know are friendly and hard working.

Nah feck feeling ashamed to be Irish. I get what you mean, but that kind of utter rat can be found anywhere and did what he did due to being a vicious thug, not being Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Will yis all cop on and stop say this stuff. your man deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison. that poor mans brain was dripping out of his nose. In this case life should mean LIFE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

forfuxsake wrote: »
    He looks like one of those who should just be remanded in custody from his 13th birthday for

'Seriously no good can out of someone looking like this'

Yeah, most criminals are just naturally evil people, and completely irredeemable.
    I'm sure if we explained to these 13-years that we were doing a public service by locking them up they'd understand.

It's also great that you can tell they're evil because they look evil.

Bring back phrenology I say, so we can identify these vermin as kids, or even before they're born.

"You sir, have the brainpan of a dole scrounger!"

Yeesh.

Will yis all cop on and stop say this stuff. your man deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison. that poor mans brain was dripping out of his nose. In this case life should mean LIFE!!!!!
    Who's saying what now? I don't see anyone disagreeing the lowlife should get life.

• Advertisement

In this case life should mean LIFE!!!!!

In this case, it probably will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

The_Thing wrote: »
    I always feel ashamed to be Irish when I see things like that happen to someone who has come to this country to make a better life for themselves.

The Polish people I know are friendly and hard working.

No need to be ashamed to be Irish, he was not representing Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Reading the title I thought this thread was gonna be about finally being able to pee after holding it in uncomfortably for hours in a boring tutorial or meeting or a bus journey...

There was funny thread here like that a while back. Somebody on a bus to Donegal. :pac:

Possibly, but it's unlikely any Minister for Justice will take the political risk of being seen to have released him, for as long as people remember this case - and what are the chances of him being a model prisoner if he's the kind of psycho who could do that to some random guy who's just on his way to work?

Its the parole boards definition of model prisoner that would worry me. Like I said at 21 he cant have the record that an older piece of scum would have amassed. So if he's reviewed at 31 and he hasnt killed anyone inside I wouldnt be surprised to see him treated leniently.

There was bigger psycho than him was let out for Christmas holidays while serving 5 years for doing pretty much the same thing. Only difference is the guy didnt die, just ended up in a coma with extensive brain damage purely because a Garda was quick to the scene. If he was alone like that Polish guy he'd be dead. Last I heard he was arrested in prison when he went back in connection with a murder while he was out for crimbo. Same type of animal and I dont doubt he'll get all the breaks the rest of them get.

I have zero faith in this little bastard being kept in prison once his mandatory time is served.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Terribly sad case. I feel so sorry for that Polish guy's family. He seemed to be a really decent lad. Awful that anyone would have their life ended so brutally, by a bunch of absolute thugs.

10 years is really not enough.

Dudess wrote: »
    Nah feck feeling ashamed to be Irish. I get what you mean, but that kind of utter rat can be found anywhere and did what he did due to being a vicious thug, not being Irish.
    realies wrote: »
    No need to be ashamed to be Irish, he was not representing Ireland.

In hindsight I think I really meant: ashamed it could happen in Ireland

• Advertisement

while serving 5 years

Five years isn't a life sentence.
    I have zero faith in this little bastard being kept in prison once his mandatory time is served.

His mandatory time is life. It's at the discretion of the Minister, on the recommendation of the Parole Board, whether to release him. The Minister is under no obligation to sign off on his release if he doesn't want to. And what politician is going to take the risk of being associated with freeing someone like that? A similar case pretty much destroyed Michael Dukakis.

The average served by prisoners who received a recommendation from the Parole Board from 2004-2008 is over 17 years, and even at that the Minister still has a veto.

I doubt very much whether this guy is going to see the outside of a prison by the time he's fifty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

There was funny thread here like that a while back. Somebody on a bus to Donegal. :pac:

I was stuck in a bus on a couple of occasions in that dreaded state... On one occasion had to end up getting off the bus and peeing in a bottle, once by the side of the road in a field...

Damn my small bladder!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭V4

Absolute vile scumbags, I'm sure mammy and daddy will think their sentences will be very harsh. Lock up there parents as well.

V4 wrote: »
    Absolute vile scumbags, I'm sure mammy and daddy will think their sentences will be very harsh. Lock up there parents as well.

Are you serious?

What would that achieve, and for which crimes should this apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Are you serious?

What would that achieve, and for which crimes should this apply?

If you knew the family you would have no problem with what he said.

• Advertisement

cloptrop wrote: »
    If you knew the family you would have no problem with what he said.

What crimes has the state found the rest of the family guilty of?

Five years isn't a life sentence.

I never said it was life. But thats what the other guy was serving for a similar act as far as behaviour goes. He had a record as long as your leg, in and out of prison constantly for violent crimes and he was seen as a good candidate for christmas release. Which is why I'd fall on the side of this other guy not being a sufficient troublemaker in prison for the ten years to warrant being kept any longer.
    His mandatory time is life. It's at the discretion of the Minister, on the recommendation of the Parole Board, whether to release him. The Minister is under no obligation to sign off on his release if he doesn't want to. And what politician is going to take the risk of being associated with freeing someone like that? A similar case pretty much destroyed Michael Dukakis.

So we are basing this on a parole board which have done little to garner confidence in their dealings with the scum that infect this country and the decision of a politician. You can see why I'm not confident right ?
    The average served by prisoners who received a recommendation from the Parole Board from 2004-2008 is over 17 years, and even at that the Minister still has a veto.

I doubt very much whether this guy is going to see the outside of a prison by the time he's fifty.

Perhaps not, you seem to know what your talking about so I wont disagree with you and I hope your right. Still be doubtful though considering he's so young.

What crimes has the state found the rest of the family guilty of?

I hear what your saying, very clever ;). We need to introduce a law that these fcukers can be done for ! New law whereby parents of scummers can be jailed based on the crimes on their manky offspring.

We also need to start neutering these fcukers when they are convicted of violent crimes. All well and good to jail them for a few years but when they get out and their sprogs come of age we are back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Ah spellchecker, we meet again.

I think 3 of them were in the paper for beating the granny out of a delivery driver and taking his sat nav last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

cloptrop wrote: »
    I think 3 of them were in the paper for beating the granny out of a delivery driver and taking his sat nav last year.
    Why was the granny in the delivery driver, was she an elderly Thai ladyboy or what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

the two gf's could probably do with a lobotomy too

Babybuff wrote: »
    the two gf's could probably do with a lobotomy too

Even then they could still breed.

They have girlfriends?
    Id say its their cousins or sisters or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement