Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky HD only playing stereo on my Pioneer VSX-921 AV Reciever

• 15-03-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys I got a Pioneer VSX-921 the other day from Richersounds and I have it all hooked up. I have my sky hd box going into it using hdmi and optical and the input changed to suit and the signal and I have a htpc hooked up through hdmi.

I have my htpc set to 5.1 etc and when I put a film on with Dts or dolby digital etc and I have the amp in auto it comes up with what audio format its running and sounds wicked.

But with the sky hd box its always says stereo on the front. I know not all channels play 5.1 so I looked for programs with DD in the info and it still stays at stereo no rear speakers kicking in. I was onto pioneer today and they said I had it hooked up correctly. I have tried films on flim 4 that had DD but maybe they dont normally play 5.1 maybe its only the hd movie channels could anyone confirm this or help me out :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You need to tell the Sky box to output the audio via optical and you need to tell the AV receiver to take the audio from the optical input and only accept the video signal from the HDMI input. You may also need to manually set the time delay in order to synchronise the picture with the audio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

coylemj wrote: »
    You need to tell the Sky box to output the audio via optical and you need to tell the AV receiver to take the audio from the optical input and only accept the video signal from the HDMI input. You may also need to manually set the time delay in order to synchronise the picture with the audio.

All that has been done and setup correctly ;)
    It turns out its workig correctly its just most channels ie. film 4 that say something is DD it aint 5.1 as I tried bbc hd and it switches to 5.1 straight away if there is DD in the info tab so its all good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

True blood, walking dead on fxhd are 5.1 even though no dd in the info tab.. Glee is great in 5.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

pegasus1 wrote: »
    True blood, walking dead on fxhd are 5.1 even though no dd in the info tab.. Glee is great in 5.1

Tnx I dont have the hd channels anymore though.

Advertisement