Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring from American University

Options
  • 15-03-2012 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am currently a management student at Rochester Institute of Technology Dubai, which is a satellite campus of Rochester Institute of Technology, New York. I've been considering continuing my education in Ireland. At the moment I'm doing my first year and I've already taken some business courses such as Business I, II, III, Principles of Micro and Macro economics, Principles of Marketing, Calculus for management sciences + University Writing (Writing Seminar) and some liberal arts courses.
    My concern is if a transfer is possible at all. It is my understanding that most of business programs in Ireland unis are 3 year, thus I'm not necessarily seeking an advanced placement. I suppose partial credit transfer would satisfy my needs. So far I've come across such schools as American College Dublin, Dublin Business School and Dublin City University. Unfortunately, I cannot afford schools like Trinity or University College Dublin as they are quite pricey for internationals.

PS. I'm in pretty good academic standing, 3.1-3.2 GPA, which is 83-85 percent approx.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I'd strongly suggest contacting the Admissions Office of the Irish university you'd like to transfer to. Policies can differ, sometimes drastically, and you'd do best to only rely on advice from official sources.

I would not recommend American College Dublin.

I would be ambivalent about Dublin Business School.

I would recommend Dublin City University.

These are all just personal opinions, however. Feel free to PM me if you want further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2011 L.C study goblin

I know a lot of people in my area who have gone to universities and first up don't do a waffle course.

The most innovative courses and colleges are the best with biomedical,high tech., computer courses with a near full employment rate. Computer applications in DCU have a 100% employment rate!!

The most innovative college is DCU, they are constantly interacting with new technologies. UCD and Trinity have a real lack of modern innovative courses bar the medical ones.

There's class videos on DCU, DCU will grow rapidly in the next few years purely on the fact that the courses are so innovative. This Facebook page is all about why DCU will get you a job and why it's innovative unlike any other college.http://www.facebook.com/IrelandUniversityInnovation

Advertisement