Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A rehome gone Wrong

• 15-03-2012 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Long story short...

My husbands friend took a rehome dog from someone as company for his elderly mother, the dog was checked out by a vet and all was well.

It looks like a german shepherd cross. She is older and seemed placid, just what he wanted. The dog was a little plump and slow, he didn't think much of it, as it's his first dog. He put it on a diet.

Perfect right:pac:

To his horror, he came out of the house the other morning to a litter of 5 pups.:eek::eek:

That was enough of a shock but when he showed them to my husband, he had to tell the poor guy that the pups are obviously rottweiler crosses.

Now the guy is freaking out...he thought long and hard about getting one dog and opted for a rescue, an older dog that would be happy lying around with his mam.

He was already struggling to rehome them, now he thinks it's going to be harder because they are, and very obviously, rottwieller/gsd crosses.

Two of them have distinctive brown spots over the eyes and brown paws and short muzzles. The others have more mixed shepherd colours with the brown spots.

They're flipping gorgeous. Any suggestions or takers welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Having met a few I can definitely tell you that Rottie, GSD crosses are stunning and if I ever take a crazy idea of getting a big dog again would definitely be on my hit list.

Are they keeping mum and babies until they are old enough to leave and do they have much knowledge of how to look after them? Puppies are generally in high demand so if I were you I would contact as many rescues as you can and see if they would be willing to put their details on their facebook page etc.

Be very careful about who they let them go to if re-homing them themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

Yeah, they're keeping the mum regardless, the pups are only 2 weeks so they'll be staying for as long as needs be.
    The guy has no experience with dogs, so pups are alien to him. He has lots of help though from the person who gave him the mother dog, and the vet is helping out too.

Is there any specific shelters to go to.

gud4u wrote: »

All of them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I'd love to see pictures. I've never seen this cross before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

gud4u wrote: »

What area of the country are they in ?

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I'd love to see pictures. I've never seen this cross before.

search for gsd rottweiler cross on google images, there's a lot of variance in them from chunky rottie type with fluffy tail to gsd type with smoother coat and rottie ears. Have never seen a roach back or wonky legs in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Yeah just looked them up on google. Lovely looking dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭TreesAreCrowd

They look fantastic.

The OH would not be impressed if I brought one of them home with me though :D

Advertisement