Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My poor dog :(

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Hey OP, my heart goes out to you. But please, dont blame yourself. You were doing the right thing by getting him neutered. As far as I know around 50% of cavaliers are prone to a blood-clotting disorder known as thrombocytopenia so this may be what he had.

RIP little man, run free at the Rainbow bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

RIP little guy and my thoughts are with you OP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I am so sorry to read this news, what a dreadful shock. Heartfelt sympathy to you op.
    I wonder how this clotting problem might have affected him in future? If he'd ever injured himself, it could be that the poor wee man was going to run into serious bother sooner or later.
    Still though, can't help but feel utterly crestfallen for you op :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

That is terrible news, I'm so sorry to hear that OP.

RIP little man :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

So, so sorry to hear that OP. Big hugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

So sorry to hear this, we were hoping he would make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Very sorry for your loss, can imagine how heartbroken you are :(

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

So sorry for your loss OP. RIP to your faithful friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Ah shit. I was really hoping for a happy ending for you and your dog OP.

Very sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm so sorry to hear that your little man didnt make it. I have been following this thread and was really hoping for a happy ending. RIP Bubbs xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

That is such very sad news and my heart really goes out to you. I was hoping for better news.

R.I.P. little man, run free on Rainbow Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Ah god I'm so sorry to hear about your little guy:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've been following this thread, but didn't feel able to comment.

I am so very sorry for your loss. You did your very best for your guy. Please don't beat yourself up :'(.

Sleep tight little man. RIP:(

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I just wanted to thank you all again for the replies and I want to take back what I said earlier about the vet making a mistake when neutering him. It obviously wasn't his fault and I know he did everything he could for him. I felt sorry for him today, he felt so bad. He even offered to get me another puppy :( I have a 9 week old JRT and he told me bring to her in to him for her 12 week vaccinations and he will do the free of charge. I now he is a vet and it is part of his job but it must have been a horrible thing for him to see :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm so glad to hear you've got another friend. You won't forget your little guy, but this little girl will hopefully cheer you up a bit. It was a lovely thing for the vet to do for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I'm so glad to hear you've got another friend. You won't forget your little guy, but this little girl will hopefully cheer you up a bit. It was a lovely thing for the vet to do for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks but I actually got her 3 weeks ago not from the vet. It was lovely of him to offer though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nettekee

oh my, I was reading the thread last week and logged on again hoping your little guy had come through this. I am really sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Oh no. I've been following this and really thought there'd be a happy ending. OP, I'm absolutely gutted for you, you have my sympathies you really do, I know the heartbreak of losing your dog suddenly and unexpectedly, hope you and your family will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

my god carfiosaoorl that is horrific i am tearing up here was not expecting that. i can't believe this...rip poor fella :'( x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

I can't believe it OP, I really thought he'd be OK. Sorry for your loss, it's horrible when that kind of thing happens and only other dog lovers get the hurt. The vet must have been gutted, it happened our vet with our neighbours dog and he(the vet) was devastated, as was our neighbour of course.

I'm dreading having my lad done, this thread has made me think so hard about it.

Wishing you well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

Really sorry to hear about your boy :(
    Rip little man

For those of you who are worried about getting dogs neutered in the future I would just like to reiterate that neutering a dog in the vast majority of cases is a simple relatively safe operation with very few side effects. Im so sorry that your little man was one of the very few unlucky ones OP :(

For those of you with dogs at risk of bleeding disorders there are testings that can be done before a neuter or other surgerys to see if the dogs have the clotting factors required. They are not the norm before every surgery as the disorders are not very common in most dogs.
    Breeds who has a history of blood clotting issues like Dobes (von willibrands disease) and the GSD/Alsations (hemophilia)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Ah shít. :(
    I was really hoping your dog would be ok. Sorry to hear about that OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Had been following the thread.

So sorry for your loss. You were doing the right thing but I know that doesn't make it any easier for you.

RIP to your little man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Really sorry you lost your little guy. You did the best for him. I was just checking back today expecting to read that he was ok. What a shock. At least yours and his ordeal is over.

Advertisement