Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZXR 400 Opinions Needed

• 15-03-2012 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭

Looking at buying a zxr 400 and would appreciate some knowledge around these bikes. What to look for and thins to look out for.

Pachey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Check the head, forks, exhaust and listen for any rattles.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Make sure the valve clearances are/were done. The older Kwackers are notorious for motors blowing if they're not done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭pachey100

I am having toss up at the moment between the zxr and a cbr. Just need to ride both really and compare. Thanks for the reply's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

valve clearances and cam chain&tensioners, and maybe try and buy as new as you can find even though there is no real difference in all the L models -
    downpipes rot on them as well, zx6r rear shock fits straight in -
    out of the zxr/cbr the zxr is maybe a bit more powerfull but I would go for the cleanest example of the 2 you can find and not worry about which is best as they are both fab bikes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Movers

zxrs are mental bikes with razor sharp handling ,iv owned 6 of them ,raced 2.

also can easily be made lighter and faster.

not much power till 8000rpm but from there to 16000 all hell brakes loose,

engines are not prone to blowing,but if you hear knocking noises and continue to drive it will probably blow like any other !

their as reliable as any other ,

watch out for oily forks

They make my face go like this....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

hi ,this is a h model I'm working on ,...4800 euro later............

this bike will weigh less than 140 kg
    in or around the same as an aprilia rs 250,
    with about 70hp.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

The Movers wrote: »
    this bike will weigh less than 140 kg
    in or around the same as an aprilia rs 250,
    with about 70hp.:D

I can see where you can drop even more weight, lose the bricks :D

Thats for sorting out cheeky *****,