Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dollop

Options
  • 16-03-2012 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

http://donegaldollop.wordpress.com/

Now this is funny. Regular readers of this forum should should spot the ... Well you know

Edit:
    Dam I havent been here in a while. Must change my signature. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

a pint of marijuana? :eek: this alone could put Gweedore in the headlines :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Great laugh, i thought that particular website was beyond parody.. glad to see i was wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

http://donegaldollop.wordpress.com/2012/03/14/tourist-beaten-to-death-for-not-standing-during-national-anthem-in-local-nightclub/

It does a great job of parody & satire.
    And actually has more journalistic integrity than that other donegal red-top...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

The Fine Gael - Donegal one they just put up had me in stitches!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

And there are people out there who actually think these stories are real :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

"PATHETIC AND STUPID YOU ARE, YOU THINK YOU ARE INVINCIBLE BEHIND A COMPUTER KEYBOARD
    YOUR SAD LIFE IS SICK YOU HAVE NO SUPPORT ONLY FROM SAD PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF,"

Some people don't understand satire/Photoshop/the web in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Flibbles wrote: »
    "PATHETIC AND STUPID YOU ARE, YOU THINK YOU ARE INVINCIBLE BEHIND A COMPUTER KEYBOARD
    YOUR SAD LIFE IS SICK YOU HAVE NO SUPPORT ONLY FROM SAD PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF,"

Some people don't understand satire/Photoshop/the web in general.

President al-Assad and the Donegal connection was very good, any connection, no matter how tenuous and long ago and one of the local papers will have it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

And there are people out there who actually think these stories are real :eek:

Wait are you saying they are fictional :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

Just goes to show you how well written it is when people seem to take it so seriously. I actually find myself getting very frustrated reading some of the comments, not so much that people take it seriously but more so how aggressively they react to the stories, when I read the comments about threatening to report the authors to the ISPCA and the HSE I nearly fainted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Great site. Nice to see the local media getting a wee bit of fun poked in their direction, it'll do them no harm at all. Especially the somewhat bonkers daily site.

considering the nature of the more recent stories, it looks like theyve got a site giving them plenty of ammunition!
    youd swear the keyboards for the other 'establishment' all came with the caps lock jammed....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jagallagher

retalivity wrote: »
    youd swear the keyboards for the other 'establishment' all came with the caps lock jammed....

Tbh, I think you're giving them a bit too much credit by blaming the poor keyboard manufacturers of the world... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

ɥbnoɥʇ ʎbpop ʎʇʇǝɹd ǝɹɐ spɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝɯos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

who does this site anyway? is it a team of people or just one person? its very good

some of the responses to the 'australia is a sh*tehole' article smell very fishy...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

the one for the harps derry game was class... had a good chuckle at the picture too pun intended

Advertisement