Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outgrown FM

Options
  • 16-03-2012 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

I just can't get into it anymore, the daft AI which seems they'll never be able to make seem realistic, the rate of change that occurs in the game(i.e after about 3 years the football universe to me seems completely different than what would occur in real life in that space of time) and just the repetition of management games make me think I've outgrown management simulators? I started as a 10 year old playing CM01/02, now 10 years on I don't think I'll be able to ever get the fun back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I just can't get into it anymore, the daft AI which seems they'll never be able to make seem realistic, the rate of change that occurs in the game(i.e after about 3 years the football universe to me seems completely different than what would occur in real life in that space of time) and just the repetition of management games make me think I've outgrown management simulators? I started as a 10 year old playing CM01/02, now 10 years on I don't think I'll be able to ever get the fun back.

Have to say I'm with you on this. Have tried so hard to relive the glory days but just can't. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

getting to that stage myself, end up going on holiday more than i play it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Yeah I just constantly go on holiday to see what happens. It's like I was managing Real, and Barca as we know are awesome, in the game they are so consistent(I edited them) but then they went and sold Busquets and Alves, with no replacements so ceased to be a challenge any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Kinda the same, usually play it for a month then never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What are you bored of exactly? Too easy?

Pick a team from the lower divisions and try to turn them into a world beater!

• Advertisement

Yeah but then I'm like in the prem in 2018 and all the players I want are ancient or retired. I guess I just don#t find the regen aspect of the game enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah but then I'm like in the prem in 2018 and all the players I want are ancient or retired. I guess I just don#t find the regen aspect of the game enjoyable.

In 2018 won't that happen anyway? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

In FM11, It was something like 2025 before Gareth Bale finally retired.

that can be fun though too, finding great players, watching and nurturing youth players, trying to hang on to your now past it gems
    well it used to be fun, might try get back into it, more into fifa now at the moment though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I got like this with FM11 but so far i have been enjoying FM12 without getting tired of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I need a challenge or else I start to get a bit bored. I still go back to my game in FM10 where its the year 2056 or something where I'm unbeaten in something like 70 odd games. I've the pick of the regens as I can afford every price quoted and so there was very little to challenge me as it became too easy.

In FM11, I'd a game until 2031 before I needed a new challenge so started a new game in the bottom league in Portugal with the aim to get to the CL in 15 years. Managed it in 10 and then after a while the game became too easy.

Now, in FM12, having already done the 'start with the club I support' game and having club hopped around Europe, I started a new game with the aim to have a full squad of players of the clubs nationality within 3 years and to be challenging in Europe in 6. Am only a few months in in the game and trying to get rid of players as well as trying to find those that fit my system from a limited pool is a challenge and one that will keep me going until I need a new challenge.

Keeping things fresh is the only way to keep yourself interested. If you find yourself winning too often and winning title after title at the same club in the same league then boredom is inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Play as San Marino, both the club and the country. Guarantee you won't find that too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So you edit your opponents to make them worse and play as the best team in the game and complain it's too easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Play as San Marino, both the club and the country. Guarantee you won't find that too easy.

Ive done this with the club.
    5 seasons in, im in the top half of Serie A. Although this was on FM08 and since i got FM12, I havent been back yet

Liam O wrote: »
    So you edit your opponents to make them worse and play as the best team in the game and complain it's too easy?

:confused:

I make them better

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've been on a break for about a month or more, my Paris FC career was getting very static. Started another one in charge of Lausanne Sports but got the chop half way through the season so I didn't bother after that.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davysrfc

download lower leagues and try bring a team to the premier league....then onto the champions league....Did this with Boston Utd last year and brought them to the premier league! Gone for a lower league playing as Scarbourough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Take a break from the game and come back, might relight the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Didn't buy the 2012 version this year.

I've noticed the last few versions of the game I ended up buying it whenever it was released then playing it for 2/3 months or so then never touching it again for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

flyswatter wrote: »
    Didn't buy the 2012 version this year.

I've noticed the last few versions of the game I ended up buying it whenever it was released then playing it for 2/3 months or so then never touching it again for the rest of the season.

I just cant stop playing it... sob!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mars Bar wrote: »
    In FM11, It was something like 2025 before Gareth Bale finally retired.

2057 in my game and Giggs is still going strong, now plays centre back though

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Agree...think the depth of the game has swung too far....enjoyed transfers and simple tactics..now it seems to take forever to complete a season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I just cant stop playing it... sob!

Gave in and bought the game the other day.

Currently in the bottom half of the table with Valencia, we've been muck mostly but just pulled off a miraculous 5-3 win over Real Madrid.

I then went and asked the team post match "Why can't you play like that every match?" Pissed most of them off! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

You think you've outgrown it but the flame isn't extinguished merely on a low burn. I've only ever played CM3 (00/01 and 01/02) and hadn't played them for years. I was never interested in the newer games. However just recently out of the blue I started thinking about my Champman glory days and had the urge to play it again - and lo and behold there was a download available on-line of 01/02 which is apparently now a cult classic. I've totally got into it again which I wouldn't have thought possible. You never know when the game will drag you back in...

Where can one obtain this download?

EDIT: Found it, downloaded in 3 minutes :)

Advertisement