Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit me up with some Crisp ideas!

Options
  • 16-03-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Just tried Manhattan crisps in cheese and onion today.........Sensational......

Was never big into sweets or crisps but quit smoking two months ago and I am all over crisps now.

Whats your favourite crisp?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Oh, I'm a major crisp fiend.
    I like all the usual, King, Tayto etc, but lately I've really gotten into Red Sky crisps. I got them at Dunnes and have tried three flavours; Cider Vinegar and Seasalt, Bacon and Cheese nad Sour Cream and Cheese.
    Amazing texture and really moreish.

I also love Big Hoops Sour Cream 'n' Onion and I could eat a million packs of Space Raiders. I do try to limit the amount I eat though, maybe one bag of RedSky a week with my partner and one small bag of crisps with my lunch at the weekend.
    I used to eat far too many, hence the reduction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

I would be pretty safe saying i am 100% certain i have never heard of any of those brands.
    Gonna take your advice though cause you sound like the crisp expert equivilent of Steven King and take a trip to Dunnes tomorrow.
    Was watching a program about food on one of the basic televiewing box channels there about a month ago and they said "of the junk food out there, crips are the healthiest"
    What i heard "eat your weight in crisps, it won't hurt, it'll make you rich"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

This might interest you. Not affilated, just a huge fan of crisp reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

rancheros and meanies are 2 favourites in our house
    after a night out tayto cheese and onion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

I would be pretty safe saying i am 100% certain i have never heard of any of those brands.
    Gonna take your advice though cause you sound like the crisp expert equivilent of Steven King and take a trip to Dunnes tomorrow.
    Was watching a program about food on one of the basic televiewing box channels there about a month ago and they said "of the junk food out there, crips are the healthiest"
    What i heard "eat your weight in crisps, it won't hurt, it'll make you rich"

Haha, you heard what you wanted to hear my friend!
    Ah, I'm not an expert, but when you've loved crisps as much as I have, you get to know the best ones around.
    RedSky are fairly new to the market and they have a lovely texture, kinda thicker than normal crisps, but not as thick as McCoys.

I'm not obsessed..I don't think about the golden circles of potatoey goodness..I don't sit and wonder about the salty goodness and the tingle of a particularly zingy salt and vinegar on my tong-GODDAMIT I need some crisps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement