Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Un-diagnosed 0 Mb Video Ram!!

Options
  • 16-03-2012 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Targa Traveller 1591, Had this laptop since 2009 and has been working ok, few touch ups needed throughout the years. Recently i have not been able to play ANY sort of game on the laptop. I used to be able to play anything fine, but i think since i re booted it its gone faulty. When i use CanYouRunIt it shows
    Required You Have
    Video RAM 256 MB 0.0 B
    Hardware T&L Yes Yes
    Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.0
    Vertex Shader version 2.0 4.0

Clearly i had Video Ram before, but how can i get it back ? I can watch Videos online and movies and all fine, but cant even play solitaire!!

Nvidia GeForce™ 9100M G, max. 256MB shared memory, DirectX10, VGA analog, HDMI (with HDCP support)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What OS you using? Probably just need your display drivers to be reinstalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Accident

Windows 7 , re installed drivers and it did nothing but improve my disk transfer performance.. Just makes no sense.. Shows 0.0mb of video Ram!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

OP mentions shared memory.....is there a setting for video RAM in your BIOS? See what the value it's set to if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

How much RAM is installed in the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Accident wrote: »
    256MB shared memory
    This means you'll have it when your machine needs it, but it'll show up as zero on tests. There should be an "always on" setting in your BIOS for the video card memory, but you'll have less RAM then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement