Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Dial Code Confusion

Options
  • 16-03-2012 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Off to Paris tomorrow - just wondering how I would go about calling a Spanish mobile, from my Irish one, while I'm roaming about France?

The number is in the following format: 6xx-xxx-xxx

Anyone got a clue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Lanterrrn wrote: »
    Off to Paris tomorrow - just wondering how I would go about calling a Spanish mobile, from my Irish one, while I'm roaming about France?

The number is in the following format: 6xx-xxx-xxx

Anyone got a clue?

Use the '+' Country code.
    eg for Spain it's +34 XX XXX XXXX

It's good practice to store all your contact numbers in this format so that dialling your normal friends etc will work no matter where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lanterrrn

Thanks! Seems like the same code should work while in Ireland right? I tried calling the number just now and it said I was restricted from doing so. Any idea why that might be? I'm a meteor bill pay customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

while roaming you can only call numbers in the country that you're in or Ireland, sometimes you can get through but it depends on the network you are connected too, were you're roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

uppishhauk wrote: »
    while roaming you can only call numbers in the country that you're in or Ireland, sometimes you can get through but it depends on the network you are connected too, were you're roaming

Nonsense, you can call any number worldwide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

blaz wrote: »

+1 and see post 2 above

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

blaz wrote: »
    Well when i worked for them they made a point of telling us odds are the calls won't go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

uppishhauk wrote: »
    Well when i worked for them they made a point of telling us odds are the calls won't go through.

Whoever you have been talking to has no clue what he is talking about. I have roamed all over the world with an Irish mobile and called my home country (not Ireland) without any problems every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Lanterrrn wrote: »
    Thanks! Seems like the same code should work while in Ireland right? I tried calling the number just now and it said I was restricted from doing so. Any idea why that might be? I'm a meteor bill pay customer.

Meteor have a roaming restriction for billpay customers up to the third bill paid and you still need to call CC to have the bar removed. There is also a bar on international calls and that could be the reason you are not able to make the call

Advertisement