Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband in Waterford City: slow/throttled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They might just be working on it in your area, the speeds tend to drop right down when they're doing that.
    Im on the 25mb too and ive never recieved the full speed the most I get is around 18mb.
    But I dont find speedtest.net to be reliable at all. I get a different result from each of the servers I click on.

The lowest I got was 2mb from the Limerick one to 20mb from Dublin.

http://speedtest.magnet.ie/ seems to be more consistant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Just wondering is it down for anybody else today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

It's been terrible for me for weeks. Especially when streaming on youtube etc. I have to pause the video and let it load. This is on their 100mb connection :eek:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Yeah, found it slow myself the last week. If I'm on Xbox Live and the misses is on YouTube or whatever, one of us will experience stoppages/slowness/rebuffering. Crazy. Pay good money for it like. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

mine is grand,prob work in area or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

dazftw wrote: »
    It's been terrible for me for weeks. Especially when streaming on youtube etc. I have to pause the video and let it load. This is on their 100mb connection :eek:

You have 100MB in Waterford? They've been saying the network won't be upgraded to DOCIS3 till the end of the year in Waterford as we've been asking for months.

Performance on our 30MBit connection is always fairly consistent on speed tests - certainly never worse than 20, usually 25 - 30, but like you say Youtube seems to suck for some reason and buffers constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I live in the new estates in Grace Dieu, maybe that's it?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

They told me mid summer for 100mb, he said only parts of Dublin and Limerick have it available to them??

Since we got the new thomson router the buffering has gone to crap but we still get good speed for some reason? generally in around the 23/24 mark (out of 25) wireless in the same room as the router

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

dazftw wrote: »
    I live in the new estates in Grace Dieu, maybe that's it?

Possibly as you're right beside the head end there so maybe they're testing the 100MB. Our office is on the same segment as their office in the Business Park though so I'd have presumed that the segment of the network that our connection is on would be one of the first to get upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

glad you brought this up, my connection is extremely erratic on the dunmore road, im on the legacy 30 meg package, ive been doing various download tests, on heanet I downloaded a file yesterday at between3-5 meg a second, UPC speedtest says im fine, yet on youtube I suffer buffering and other sites just non existent speed

Very strange

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

my connections been terrible the last 2 weeks, been off more than its been on.

I rang hem today they just said there's no work being carried out in your area so ring back when your at home so the technical team can run more checks on your modem

I think the modem is fine so the problem is more than likely with the supply

1892428094.png

BroadbandIreland.ie

Download: 3.26 Mb/s
    Upload : 2.18 Mb/s

Magnet.ie

Download: 9.5 Mb/s
    Upload: 1.9 Mb/s

UPC SPEED TEST
    Download : 19Mb/s
    Upload :2 Mb/s

big difference in speed tests

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Having ridiculous problems with mine, living in Mayors Walk.

1894678230.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

My broadband has disappeared since the heavy rain last Thursday. Living in Waterford City, anyone else with this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

My broadband has disappeared since the heavy rain last Thursday. Living in Waterford City, anyone else with this problem?

no, tis fine in gracedieu anyhow. :o

mine was gone last week too... had to get a tech to call out..... modem had packed in... he had to change the modem and get it authorised. Give them a buzz on 1908 (freephone) ..... what kind of modem is it? mine was an old blue one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

mine is okay today but was playing up the last week.

Advertisement