Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Card Question

• 16-03-2012 7:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

I used my Visa Debit card (Ulster Bank) to buy 2 things from a site online. I since discovered that the site may very well have been scamming customers... add to this the fact that what i ordered was supposed to be delivered inside 3 working days (it's been 12 days now since i ordered, from an Irish site)

Are Visa debit transactions protected? or am i just going to lose out on the money? i'm fairly sure i'm not going to be receiving my order at this stage. Is there anything i can do?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Have you tried contacting your bank? They should be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to Banking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If the product/service hasn't been delivered/provided, you can do a chargeback on Visa Debit cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

BuffyBot wrote: »
    If the product/service hasn't been delivered/provided, you can do a chargeback on Visa Debit cards.

Is that definite? i can't see any mention of it on the Ulster Bank site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, it's a feature of all Visa Debit cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Yes, it's a feature of all Visa Debit cards.

Ok, thanks!

Advertisement