Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 interest rates for mortgage

Options
  • 16-03-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all, If i was to get equity released on my mortgage, is it charged at 2 different rates? i have a tracker and don't want to lose this, would it still be possible to keep the tracker rate on the original mortgage and have a new rate on the equity released? also does equity release have to be with my current provider as they hold the original deeds etc?
    Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

You should apply for a top-up with your current provider and insist that they set up a separate account for it, thus maintaining your tracker on the original loan.

It has to be with the same lender as you won't get two lenders agreeing to a charge over the same residential property unless it's worth millions and so are you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

We got an equity release with PTSB and we still have the tracker on the origional mortgage.Interest on the 2nd one is about double what we are paying on the Mortgage.

Advertisement