Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need workstation for E1500-E2000 today

Options
  • 16-03-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,

Working in a faceless corporate company who have given me a budget to get a new pc. Will mostly be using it for After Effects compositing, editing and rendering. Any suggestions? Have to use the site www.custompc.ie

Put this together earlier, but cant get a SSD hd on the build so have to take another look. Any thoughts?

AMD Phenom II X Series - 4 & 6 Core Fusion Desktop - Fusion Desktop Max
    Processor CPU: Phenom II X6 1075T 3.3Ghz 6 Cores
    CPU Cooling: AMD Standard Cooling
    Memory: 16GB Viper 1600Mhz Extreme
    Motherboard: Asus M4A88TD-EVO
    Sound Card: Xonar DX PCI Express
    Hard Disk 1: 2 Terabyte UDMA600
    Hard Disk 2: 1 Terabyte UDMA300
    Optical Drive 1: Sony 24X DVD Rewriter
    Video Card 1 Main: Nvidia GeForce 1.28GB GTX570
    TV Card: Hybrid Analogue/Digital PCI-e
    Wireless: Asus 54 MBPS PCI Internal Wifi***
    Power Supply: Antec Gamer 400 Watt Power
    Operating System: No PreInstalled Operating System
    Office Software: No Office Software Installed
    AntiVirus Software: No AntiVirus Installed - Clean
    Keyboard & Mouse: Optional Extra
    Monitor Display: Optional Extra
    Warranty Period: 3 Year Return to Base Warranty

Sub Total: €1,661.67
    Delivery: €0.00
    Vat @ 20%: €332.33
    Total: €1,994.00

1. What is your budget? [€1,500-2,000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [After Effects, Adobe Suite, editing, rendering]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. []

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [Maybe]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [no]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [no]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [order going in today]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I wouldnt touch that company in fairness (been to many of their employees coming on here pretending to ask questions to get the company attention makes me wonder about them).
    That machine above is stupidly overpriced imo. I wouldnt even pay half of that for it. You would be much better off going with build options on sites like www.hardwareversand.de
    You could build an i5 2500k rig with spec better in every way for under half the price.

Why not if you need it today go on adverts and get something a million times better like this:
    http://www.adverts.ie/desktops-and-monitors/sandy-bridge-extreme-gaming-production-pc-intel-3930k-radeon-6950-6970-shaders-x2-16gb-ram-asus-xonar-d2/1447230

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Yeah, I heard suctompc.ie suck donkey cojones.

I know from experience working for a faceless corporate empire that they may have accounts sety up with UK companies you could use, give a look on Scan they would have some decent pre built workstations.

I found that if I wanted to swap suppliers, telling accounts dept. that the one I wanted to avoid was due to a bad rep-too expensive/bad service/going down tubes etc. Worked a treat for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fatasspigleaf

Cheers Deceit,

Thanks for the heads up. Got my own pc from them and there was no hassle, apart from ending up with ridiculous wanky neon flashing case.

Cant use Adverts, not sure how the company will be paying but its gotta go through a load of paperwork. Thanks for the inputs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Cheers Deceit,

Thanks for the heads up. Got my own pc from them and there was no hassle, apart from ending up with ridiculous wanky neon flashing case.

Cant use Adverts, not sure how the company will be paying but its gotta go through a load of paperwork. Thanks for the inputs anyway.
    You should try use like glynf said then.
    The company i'm working for would be the same, they are an irish company but use http://www.vip-computers.com/uk/ as a supplier of all their parts, they do next day if thats any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Would an Intel processor work better with this set up? Especially if you're using an Adobe workflow.

Having looked at scan, their website is great for prices and gear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement