Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHANGE OF NAME IN IRELAND AND PASSPORT

Options
  • 16-03-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone , i have recently changed my name through the Deed Pool last year November,and i have been able to change my Driving Licence ,Bank Account ,my pay slips with my new name and i filled a new passport Application forms to change my Passport as well,i was told to bring my another Id which is related to my new name, i now sent my new driving Licence with my new name and Bank statements,they refused to issue the new passport saying i should wait until the next 2 years since the law has changed,i now went t DFA websites and it written there about producing tow Id's in related to the new name but says nothing about the waiting of 2years before a new passport can be issued with the new name,am a confused person now,i would appreciate any help,do i new to employ a lawyer to apply for me of take is to court,is it discrimination or what? am travelling to America on this Easter and i am afraid if travelling with two Id's.i might even go to Jail,any help how to go through and get my new passport,please.
    Thank you

Comments

Advertisement