Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairpray hair replacement!

Options
  • 16-03-2012 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I don't usually post on forums but after my recent horrible experience in hairspray salon dublin i felt i needed to make buyers of hair replacement know what happened to me when attending this salon. I am a young woman who has been suffering with female pattern baldness for the last ten years.

i have tried everything and finally found my magic solution in this salon. The loss of hair for a woman is a very delicate matter and i chose hairspray because of there well advertised care of their clients.

I went for my free consultation and met Dolores i tried on a piece and i was over the moon. She assured me i would be well looked after when i came back for my fitting and i left very happy. As this is a recession everyone is been very careful where and how they spend there money 650 euro for hair seems a little excessive but my partner assured me if it gives me back mt confidence it was priceless. That said i felt bad spending so much on myself.

But these people are professionals and they will look after me well right?

I arrived for my appointment over a two hour drive it was an early appointment.

I was so very excited.

But when i got there, their lovely hairdresser who i hadn't met previously looked very bewildered as she put me sitting on a chair. I started to feel uncomfortable as she ran around like a headless chicken looking for my hair that was supposed to be left by and ready to match my hair color. She hadn't a clue because the so called staff never bothered to book me in for the appointment, i was getting very upset now. 650euro and this is the great service you get.

As she ran around poor girl had another client walk in same appointment time. I was really upset that they couldn't even get this right how the hell was my hair going to turn out. I would never cry or get upset in public but i couldn't help it. So with that i got up and walked out i had left a 50 euro deposit and i sent my partner back to get it i was crying on the street. The staff quickly thought oh **** we've lost 650 right? so they remedied the situation and i went back in. Still upset i was put sitting on a chair to wait. when another member of staff told us to go walk around dublin for 50 mins to kill the time until the hairdresser was free, i couldn't believe it are these people for real? I was never asked about or given any advice on my thinning hair whatsoever which i found a bit strange. It was just a case get it done get the money and get the hell out. The hairdresser in ? was very nice but the service was appalling. I had to stay because i thought just get it over with and go home because i wasn't going to find another solution any time soon This is my experience and i'm sure lots have had better and worse. I'm not entirely happy with my piece as you can see the actual cap at the front part of my hairline which i hide with a hair band kinda defeats the purpose. Get a hair piece to hide my bald patches then but a band to hide the fact that its a hairpiece, i won't go back because its a 2 hour journey and i when i get there i wouldn't expect they would do anything for me as they don't even pretend to give a ****.

Just another exploitation of other peoples misfortune and i recommend if you need to spend more to go someplace else with better service if you can find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

That's terrible, I think you should contact them again with something like what you have written here and see if there is anything they can do to help you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Its heard loads of terrible reviews of hairspray, such a pity and for that price, its not as if it was cheap...I'm so disappointed for you!! sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

i find the dundrum branch is a lot better than wicklow st, except for the older blonde lady who is a bit dismissive but she's awful to the staff. She speaks to them in such a rude manner, as a customer its horrific to watch. Wicklow st is just pressure sales and get you out as quick as possible. They don't put much effort into a proper consultation either. I've left wicklow st twice with extensions that turned out to be unsuitable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I just watched a video on youtube of a girl getting a piece fitted for hairloss. It was noticeably a wig from a mile away. There are 3 problems with their wigs one is there is far too much hair attached to the wigs. Secondly you cant see your scalp anywhere including and most importantly the frontal hairline (this is because they are not full lace, swiss or french lace) and thirdly is their price. Sorry to say but €650 for what you described is a complete rip off. I have purchased cosmetic products in China and India and I have checked wig quality and prices. Most of the wigs I have examined were 100% lace with Remy Human hair (one of the best and most lux type and completely undetectable) and they were available for €110 ex shipping. The factories I viewed wouldnt insult their customers with the quality hairspray were presenting on their videos. I agree its a company taking advantage of people in moments of crisis.

Advertisement