Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd like to downgrade my package

• 16-03-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I'll comment the issue briefly.
    I'm on UPC (since October 2011), phone + 25 MB for 40.50 euro.

I'd like to drop the phone, I don't need it, and just keep the broadband. However, I've noticed that there is a much cheaper option (20 Mbps for 25 euro), so I'd like to downgrade my speed as well.

Is this possible? If so, how should I proceed? How much would this downgrade cost me?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Phone UPC up and ask them to downgrade it.

There may be a downgrade fee - not sure if its €10 or possibly more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

mariotr87 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

I'll comment the issue briefly.
    I'm on UPC (since October 2011), phone + 25 MB for 40.50 euro.

I'd like to drop the phone, I don't need it, and just keep the broadband. However, I've noticed that there is a much cheaper option (20 Mbps for 25 euro), so I'd like to downgrade my speed as well.

Is this possible? If so, how should I proceed? How much would this downgrade cost me?

Thanks!!

i am sure there will be more then 10e for switching off the phone line and downgrading the BB. u have to contact them tho for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Plus there's also a monthly 7 euro charge for only having one service so you are back up to €32

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Did the same thing a few months ago. Price for 25MB + Phone was even a bit higher at 42.75euro or so. Downgraded to 20MB same DL allowance + took the phone to avoid standalone fee. 10E downgrade fee applies. Not getting free landline calls in the evenings anymore but I am only really using my mobile anyways and I rarely ever call landlines so I don't care.

Now paying E31 or so saving 9 Euros every month and still have a 'landline' phone with phone number I can be reached at.

Difference between 20Mbit and 25Mbit is tiny speedwise. For me the 25Mbit package is really the worst deal they have now. I am glad I switched.

Advertisement