Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When your mac or iPhone gets nicked

• 16-03-2012 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Fortunately, hasn't happened to me (touch wood) but it's always a possibility in this day and age. Given that there's no such personal data including apps like FB, Twitter, email etc does anybody have a good recommended to check list to follow if your Mac or Iphone/pod/pad is nicked.

(let's forget about tracking devices and work on the basis that you won't see it again)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Provided you had passcode/password enabled your data should be safe. Then just use Find My IPhone or Find My Mac to remotely wipe the device.

Take note of the IMEI so when there is no chance of getting it back you can ring your network and get it blacklisted. It will no longer connect to any Irish network. Will work in other countries but hey its better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Provided you had passcode/password enabled your data should be safe. Then just use Find My IPhone or Find My Mac to remotely wipe the device.

So far as I can see these solutions are only available to latest OS and are paid for. Not so worried about the paying bit.

I have a phone lock code and password on the mac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Find My iPhone/Mac is free as part of iCloud. But yes, you need Lion and iOS 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

as an added bit of security you can also specify that if the passcode is entered wrong ten times in a row, the phone is wiped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm using icaughtU so if the wrong code is put in 3 times, a photo and location is sent to my email.

My mac, just a password. I'm not moving to Lion cause it's useless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

antodeco wrote: »
    I'm using icaughtU so if the wrong code is put in 3 times, a photo and location is sent to my email.

Same here, it's a very handy app.

Advertisement