Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds - why i ought too!

Options
  • 16-03-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Was there last night and ordered a simple big mac meal.
    The big mac was not ready ( go figure) for about 3-4 minutes.
    The girl behind the counter got the fries and put them on the tray when i ordered.
    She then asked did I want to take a seat? i said no i'll wait for my burger.

My point is the fries are cold by the time I get the burger. Does anyone know why do the do this?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I always ask for hot fries going through the drive through as by the time they deliver my "special " burger out to me in the car the chips are always freezing, they go cold very quick anyways as they are so thin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

because you're paying around 4quid for a meal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

because you're paying around 4quid for a meal ?

€6.40 actually.
    It is also called fast food so why should I be waiting for their most popular burger.
    Anyway I digress, my point is that the fries shoudl be added last and I wanted to know (preferably from someone with McDs exxperience) why they do this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

vicwatson wrote: »
    I always ask for hot fries going through the drive through as by the time they deliver my "special " burger out to me in the car the chips are always freezing, they go cold very quick anyways as they are so thin..

your'e not wrong there

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

same thing happened me the last few times i got food in mcdonalds grafton street. On all occasions I returned the fries for fresher, hotter ones and there was no issue. Perhaps next time I'll impart my vast wisdom and tell the server that the fires will go cold if left out on the tray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Dammit, I have a sudden craving for a big mac.

they probably dont know how long the burger will take so they're trying to hurry up and be organised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hibees99

Ive stopped eating McD's as the meals fill me up for about 1 hour then im starving again,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭davetherave

Bowlardo wrote: »
    It is also called fast food so why should I be waiting for their most popular burger.

Because you would be giving out if they gave you a cold one that had been sitting there for hours instead of making a fresh one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Because when you willfully spend money on hog anus and cows feet, you'll take what you're given. Alright?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hibees99 wrote: »
    Ive stopped eating McD's as the meals fill me up for about 1 hour then im starving again,
    McDs are relatively low in calories/energy compared to many other fast food places so this is not surprising. But some people seem to think they sprinkle some magic 'hungry dust' on their food which is specific only to McDs.

A 1/4lber with cheese & chips in my local chipper would have far more calories than McDs.

I worked there before and you're not supposed to give the fries before anything else because they go cold SO fast. Usually if a burger is on the way I would ask if the customer wanted to take their fries and drink and take a seat, but if they said no I'd leave everything 'til the burger's ready. It's poor training.
    Although on a couple of occasions the customer would say yes, and then when I'd brought the burger down they'd give me their half eaten box and say they're not hot enough *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

You don't think cooking a burger in 3-4mins is fast? Could you cook it quicker at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

on the rare occasions i go there, i always make a point of ordering something non-standard so they have to make it fresh.

i'd much rather wait a couple of minutes for a fresh burger than get a soggy one that's been sitting under a hot lamp for 15-20 minutes waiting for someone to buy it.

a double quarter pounder with cheese and bacon usually does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Ruen

I worked there too and as said before it's probably down to bad training, the entire meal should be served together.
    I've experienced this myself and I get the impression they just want you away from the counter, it's like they're uncomfortable with you standing there waiting.
    Also I think it's common sense that you wouldn't put half of a persons food, that will cool fairly quick, on a tray while waiting for the rest. It only takes 5 seconds to walk over and grab fries once the burger is ready and ultimately she wasn't saving herself any effort or time by getting the fries and leaving them on the tray for 3-4 minutes. I think this shows a contemptuous attitude on the part of the person serving you, I guarantee you that on her break she'd be collecting fresh cooked fries once her burger was ready but doesn't give the same consideration to other humans that are unfortunate enough to be served by her.

It's really bad customer service, did you take the fries she left on the tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

€6.40 actually.
    Anyway I digress, my point is that the fries shoudl be added last and I wanted to know (preferably from someone with McDs exxperience) why they do this

I worked there when I was about 16/17 and she did that because she was what you would refer to as 'stupid'

How it works is depending on time of day more or else less food is kept ready to go. There will pretty much always be at least 1 big mac.

If you order anything other than one with everything on it then it will be made fresh (unless you say no pickles, sometimes they are just picked off)

The time to make a big mac is about 45 seconds to cook the meat and the bun can be done at the same time, all in all if it isnt busy when you go and they do the burger on its own, it can be done in 1 min 30 seconds.

If its busy they wont do one and will do 4 (the max at a time using one grill)

This can take about 3 minutes to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i don't think anyone is expecting 3 star michelin service at Maccy D's though anyway. :P

there's a small indian/asian looking woman (think she might be the manager there?) working at the one where the petrol station is before you get to the M50 on the N7 and she's by far the most consistently rude and abrasive person i've encountered in a McD's.

i end up there from time to time due to a work sub-office being round the corner and a shop i sometimes visit being nearby, so i've encountered her quite a few times in the last year or so.

she gets my order wrong every single time, despite it being very simple (i've never had anyone else get it wrong and i always order the same thing) and when she gets it wrong and you try and correct her, she's always angry and shouting at the other staff like you are to blame.

out of curiosity, i made a point of sitting within earshot of the counter and it's definitely not just me, she's very rude to pretty much everyone, customers and staff alike. i'm surprised nobody has dunked her in one of the fryers by now, she's a thoroughly nasty piece of work.

Advertisement