Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Sessions 2012

Options
  • 16-03-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

I see that Heineken are now sponsoring this event with the demise of Oxegen, there will be a full blown announcement in 14 days.
    http://seasessions.com/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Reckon this could have a nice beefy lineup this year with heineken on board. haven't been to this fest yet but will consider it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭I dont know

Have the few days booked in Bundoran already for this year’s Sea Sessions. Always a good buzz about the place!
    It was ‘leaked’ on the TurfnSurf facebook page last week that Kaiser Chiefs are headlining the Friday night.
    Might be true, might not. I think they leaked something early last year as well IIRC

EDIT: Just checked, they're playing Tallaght Stadium the 30th, so could be true!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Line up announced the 30th of March

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Kaiser Chiefs playing according to Hot Press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Run DMC's Rev Run?

• Advertisement

8031516_Kaiser-Chiefs460x280.jpg

Hot Press:
    The line-up will be officially announced on Thursday but, in case you missed it, news leaked late last week that Kaiser Chiefs are set to perform at this year's Sea Sessions.

The Donegal festival takes place between June 29-July 1 and Leeds' finest will play that Friday night prime time slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Line up

https://twitter.com/#!/Seasessions/status/185450239208071168/photo/1

Headliners, The Coronas, Kaiser Chiefs & Happy Mondays!!!!

ApLaAo_CIAEGs_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Full Line Up:

Sea Sessions 2012 Line Up
    Happy Mondays
    Kaiser Chiefs
    The Coronas
    REV RUN (Run DMC) – BEARDYMAN
    KENNY DOPE – HOT 8 BRASS BAND
    FUJIYA & MIYAGI – CRAZY P
    KRAFTY KUTS – JAPE
    RAF DADDY (THE 2 BEARS) – DELORENTOS
    THE MINUTES – SIMON & OSCAR (OCEAN COLOUR SCENE)
    LTJ BUKEM FEAT MC CONRAD
    HAM SANDWICH – TOBY KAAR – BILLY SCURRY – THIS CLUB – WE CUT CORNERS – MISHAP
    NEON WOLF – YUKON BLONDE – BITCHES WITH WOLVES – THE GHANDHIS
    PETE ISSAC (JELLY JAZZ) – MICHAEL KEEP SCHTUM – DOM SERVINI (WAH WAH 45s)
    DJ KID KAM – SCRIBBLE SOUND SYSTEM – ROYDABHOY – DEADBEAT CONTROLLER
    AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Can someone tell me what's the deal with SIMON & OSCAR (OCEAN COLOUR SCENE)? Is it an acoustic set or will they play Ocean Colour Scene songs with a full band. Haven't been keeping up to date with them at all.

Not that impressed with the lineup TBH. Kaiser Chiefs are a great catch and would be the only thing I'm interested in. Liked the Mondays in my time but not that pushed to see them TBH. Coronas bore me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

Simon & Oscar (Ocean Colour Scene) playing OCS tunes acoustically.

(Well, Simon on acoustic guitar and Oscar dividing his time between piano, bass, & drums)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Thoughts on the line-up anyone?

Line-ups for most of the festivals haven't blown me away as of yet.I'm thinking this is going to be the year of going to some festivals, checking out bands I haven't heard, alternative things going on at the festivals etc. There is good scope nowadays for going to see stuff other than the headline acts, if they are decent then its a bonus (granted, most of the cost of my ticket is going to pay for the main acts).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Not pushed with that line-up to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Anyone know the breakdown as to who is playing what night? Only have a ticket for the Saturday so was wondering which of the big acts were playing that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Early Bird Tickets are NOW ON SALE. We are upgrading the first 10 bought to VIP tickets and we will include a seasessions tee (while stocks last) and there is no booking fee. So no excuses this is the perfect xmas present for those hard to buy for people. YEEEEEEE Bring On 2013

http://bundoransurfshop.com/index.php/vouchers/sea-sessions-eary-bird-festival-ticket.html

€79.50

Advertisement