Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

books and dvds

Options
  • 16-03-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

I have been fishing for trout using baits for a loong tine, last year i bought a fly rod with the aim of starting into fly fishing for trout, however i find all of the wet flys, dry flys, sinkng lines and how fast to take in the fly all too mind blowing! I was wondering is there any good books or dvds out there that can give good tips for Irish river trout fishing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

EastTyrone wrote: »
    I have been fishing for trout using baits for a loong tine, last year i bought a fly rod with the aim of starting into fly fishing for trout, however i find all of the wet flys, dry flys, sinkng lines and how fast to take in the fly all too mind blowing! I was wondering is there any good books or dvds out there that can give good tips for Irish river trout fishing?

If your Library is still open try there ....

also You Tube has lots of stuff on most fly fishing methods and lots more...

best to get assistance from someone already fly fishing......

Books by Dennis Moss are very detailed......mostly on lakes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

thanks for that mate, I came across this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvSDjHgo0UY its an american video series, would that have much in common with here?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

OP - I'm not joking "Fly fishing for Dummies" got me into fly fishing around 10 years ago. I passed it on to a friend and they have since passed it on. It is a bit skewed to the US but done me grand.

(It has a great intro into fly tying aswell!)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

EastTyrone wrote: »
    thanks for that mate, I came across this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvSDjHgo0UY its an american video series, would that have much in common with here?

Yep. very good video for sure, well explained, well photographed, no harm to contact the local Fisheries Office and get their info on river fishing in your area....

also there maybe a local fishing club , local tackle shop maybe able to put you in contact with a good river angler also....

best of luck...

Advertisement