Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christys Wine Wholesalers

Options
  • 16-03-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hello

I am on the prowl for a loverly bottle of Pinot. I had it in Jim Edwards and they told me they get it from Christys Wine Wholesalers but I havent had much luck finding them..

Or has anyone seen Gabriella Pinot Grigio for sale..Tis some yummie shizaz :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

Did you try the wine wholesalers on Centre Park Road? I think they're called Bubble Brothers..

Christy's are out in little island, also known as classic drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep I tried the brothers but unfortunetly no, they dont do it...Fantastico though Little island isnt too far away i shall have to take a trip there thanks for the help.. I shall go camp outside their door now so ill be there first thing in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Milly33 wrote: »
    Yep I tried the brothers but unfortunetly no, they dont do it...Fantastico though Little island isnt too far away i shall have to take a trip there thanks for the help.. I shall go camp outside their door now so ill be there first thing in the morning

How about karwigs wine in carrigaline.out past the gaa pitch on the crosshaven road.also noticed a new wine shop in oliver plunket st the other day.near o callaghans electrical.brave move opening a new shop in these times .good luck to them .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

also noticed a new wine shop in oliver plunket st the other day.near o callaghans electrical.brave move opening a new shop in these times .good luck to them .

the wine buff? they just moved from Washington street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

Hi all,

Sorry to bump this old thread...was just wondering Milly33, did you ever find the Gabriella Pinot Grigio?

I too have drank it in Jim Edwards and cannot seem to find it anywhere either, even though they told me to check at the off license in Kinsale (1601), they didn't stock it either...my search continues....

I do know that SOHO in the city have it/had it but wouldn't sell me a bottle!!:D

Hello ah do you know I never got out to Christys and I have not spotted in any other offie since. I do know however that the Rochestown in also sells it, think it is in the €16 - €18 price range. And ohh it still tastes good.. If you have any luck let me know also would love to get a few bottles of it

Just a quick update Milly33

http://www.classicdrinks.ie/wines/wine-list/italy

Gabriella is listed on this website under "Fruili", however, I just rang them up there to ask could I buy some and they said I would have to buy a case (minimum) as they do not sell it bottle by bottle, a case costs €119.00 for 12 bottles.....

Sure that is only what €10 for a bottle which is very good. I suppose the bulk buy is the danger :) .. Thanks for letting me know that's fab.. Oh now I have that in my head, we are heading away on a camping trip this weekend I would not mind a few bottles to bring. If you collect Id go halfs on a box with you haha

Sure that is only what €10 for a bottle which is very good. I suppose the bulk buy is the danger :) .. Thanks for letting me know that's fab.. Oh now I have that in my head, we are heading away on a camping trip this weekend I would not mind a few bottles to bring. If you collect Id go halfs on a box with you haha

I'm very tempted to take you up on the go halves offer Milly33...however, I'm stone broke at the moment, couldn't even afford one bottle at the mo, let alone 6! I will keep you updated though, I was told the wine probably isn't sold in any off licences as they sell it to restaurants, but I will keep searching just in case:D

• Advertisement

The joys me too well pay day is tomorrow so that is good. Id say if you rang the inn they might sell you one or two sure chance it anywho the worst they can say is no. If you fancy going halfs on a case well either before the Sunday or sometime during the month defo let me know or ill let you know if I am picking up some

• Registered Users Posts: 17,028 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Make sure that the price quoted isn't ex-VAT. Most wholesalers quote like this as they usually sell to VAT registered businesses.

ah yes too true it probably was before vat, even still though that's what bout €13ish a bottle..Still happy

OK so pay day is looming really considering this but anywho we went down to little island to try and find this place and could not. Is it in the business park itself. Sorry for the daft question but we had a good look around but nope

• Registered Users Posts: 17,028 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

OK so pay day is looming really considering this but anywho we went down to little island to try and find this place and could not. Is it in the business park itself. Sorry for the daft question but we had a good look around but nope

No, not in the business park.
    If coming from Cork you go straight through the roundabout (East Gate is to your right), straight on passed the filling station on your left, straight through an odd offset cross roads and Classic Drinks is 100 - 150 m on the right.

Hello hello,

Ah ok the one spot we didn't try so. We tried the business park and the one to the left after the roundie.. Thank you we shall take a trip so perhaps in the next few weeks time for some tasty vino

Oh thank you by the way sorry I am so rude :0

Advertisement