Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, no dial tone but broadband works perfectly

Options
  • 16-03-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Got an odd issue here, I currently I have no dial tone on my home phone but as you can see broadband is working fine. When I try to ring my number I get the ascending three beep tone. The phone line also isn't completely silent there is a very very faint hiss, frankly its like the phone is connected to someone and we can't hang up.

And ideas on what this is or what I should do? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 redvanman

hi Gerard same thing happened me a while back, turned out to be a corded phone in another room that the kids were playing in had its hand piece slightly moved off the resting place on the phone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum.

Could be that your line has been soft disabled. Broadband is still working because the physical connection is still there, but you just can't make or receive calls because it's been disabled by computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Why would eircom soft disable the phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Jumper hopped out in the exchange. In that case line not disabled if you ring it but you hear nothing in house.
    Filter died. ( plugging the phone right in with no filter in socket and modem plugged in and switched on and you will hear lots of swooshy noises in that case.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Why would eircom soft disable the phone?

Hi Gerard_Smith
    if you PM me your tel number I can have this tested. Should be able to advise here.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement