Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Fence for dogs

• 16-03-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am sure this Q has been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance! I am looking at getting a radio fence for my dog to cantain her in the yard. We live out the countryside so would be enclosing her in about acre of land.

She is an extremly strong terrier type (Patterdale cross, good chance there is some staff in there!). She is very terretorial and would love to chase the rabbits given the chance that wander into the yard. She is a rescue and has no recall whatsoever :( I would be very worried about her running through the fence boundary should someone pass the gate or should she try chase birds/rabbits. Then when on the other side I have no doubt she would be too scared too come back ... hence would wander and get lost.

Long story short, have people used these fences with dogs that are like this? Have ye witnessed dogs running through the fence?
    I know that training is involved to get the dog used tothe fence, however i would be just worried should she take it into her head to chase somehting she could just run through it? :confused:

http://www.petsafe.ie/magento/index.php/electric-containment/standard-super-radio-fence.html

Comments

Advertisement