Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance policies help

• 16-03-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭

my health insurance cover is up for renewal. i am currently with quinn on essential starter. However i would like to have a bit better maternity cover should i need it etc, i have been trawling through the comparrison website with no luck there are so many different plans. The media have also been on about asking for different discounts. Can anyone please recommend a good affordable plan ??

thanks all

lollb:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Unless you are going semi private or private, your plan is probably sufficient as it will offer a semi private room in a public hospital. If you are going to Mount Carmel, there will be a one year waiting period for the higher level of cover and Aviva#s Level 2 Family Health would offer best cover. If you are not going to Mount CArmel, it doesn't matter. Quinn might give you free upgrade. Don't worry about discounts, all plans work in different ways, some plans that have no discount are cheaper than those that do. Ring up Quinn and AVIVA AND vhi tell them what you are looking for and they will offer you a plan that you can compare yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

check out hia.ie for a good comparison.
    we are on Quinn company care choice. only has a 1e excess on outpatient care. most others have 220e.

check out hia.ie for a good comparison.
    we are on Quinn company care choice. only has a 1e excess on outpatient care. most others have 220e.

There are 66 plans that are cheaper than Company Care Choice. The Op has asked a specific question and your plan doesn't fit that the price range as it is over 1000 per adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

broker2008 wrote: »
    There are 66 plans that are cheaper than Company Care Choice. The Op has asked a specific question and your plan doesn't fit that the price range as it is over 1000 per adult.

its €974. gone up since i last looked as have all the policies.
    On the other side when you only have a 1euro excess as opposed to 220 euros on other policies it makes the effective rate €754.

Plus the 3% direct debit charge. That is not how an outpatient excess works either. Most plans that have day to day cover have no excess for day to day cover. Some plans can offer 100% back of the expenditure.

Company Care Choice has an inpatient excess of upto €200 per claim so does that mean you would add that figure onto the price ! I'm afraid health insurance is not that simple. It requires consideration for whatever benefits are important for each individual.

Inpatient benefits are usually more important than outpatient benefits for most. Outpatient plans are available from VHI, Aviva and HSF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 marywary

Slightly offthread but we received our Quinn renewal which is due on 1st April. I read online that children were free on renewals in February and March, we have two children. I phoned Quinn and asked for the discounts for our children and they agreed, we had to move our renewals to March in order to qualify though. I think we've saved approx €600 this year.

Advertisement