Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Cork on St Patrick's Day

Options
  • 16-03-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey,

Is street parking free tomorrow in cork, like along college road etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Yes it is, its a public holiday so Sunday parking arrangement apply

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Amcm1989

Oh great thanks! some woman in a shop told me that it wasn't free because it was a Sat but I was 99% sure she was wrong! Thanks for clearing that up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Tomorrow is not a holiday. Monday is instead. It's business as usual tomorrow (technically). Though, I don't imagine there'll be many wardens around. Unless of course the city council decide to go on a money-grabbing spree, which is a possiblity.

number10a wrote: »
    Tomorrow is not a holiday. Monday is instead. It's business as usual tomorrow (technically). Though, I don't imagine there'll be many wardens around. Unless of course the city council decide to go on a money-grabbing spree, which is a possiblity.

No its a public holiday alright. See here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

SeaFields wrote: »
    No its a public holiday alright. See here

Oops! Sincere apologies! I was convinced it wasn't! :D The whole thing is so confusing this year. Some places open tomorrow and closed Monday, others are doing it the other way round.

At least now I know where to go to show people that Good Friday is not a holiday in Ireland. People always are convinced that it is. Every single year.

• Advertisement

number10a wrote: »
    Oops! Sincere apologies! I was convinced it wasn't! :D The whole thing is so confusing this year. Some places open tomorrow and closed Monday, others are doing it the other way round.

Yeah, this year everything is fooked up (Christmas and New years as well as Paddys)

The business as usual approach is being taken by a lot of retailer simply because they are struggling as it is, its a saturday and Mothers Day is sunday.

I'm working tomorrow as a result :(

Advertisement