Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recommend a laptop repair place in town?

Options
  • 16-03-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Not software repair/housekeeping, but hardware based.
    Need to have a jiggly power connection sorted out.

Cheers, WP.

Comments

I got my Laptop fixed by here. http://www.pcrepairwaterford.com

Fantastic service and really well priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

I know nothing about them, but these guys do laptop repair:

http://www.pcmarshal.com/index.html

Might be worth a call, to get a quote at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Lovely stuff, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

wet-paint wrote: »
    Not software repair/housekeeping, but hardware based.
    Need to have a jiggly power connection sorted out.

Cheers, WP.

I had the same problems last week. A guy called Darryl fixed it for me. Great job, great value. Top man.

He has plenty of experience too. PM me and I will give you his number.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Would normally do this, but just up the walls at the moment. Hardware repair of that type I cant think of anyone locally that would be any good at it, but I cant think fully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭qork

Gary Power, ITServices.ie, the best PC repair guy around. Not affiliated.
    Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Few people I know said a guy in Harvey Norman is good at stuff like that, think his name was Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Would they look at my external hard drive... it is buzzing but not connecting to laptop for some reason???!!! ! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mozattack wrote: »
    Would they look at my external hard drive... it is buzzing but not connecting to laptop for some reason???!!! ! :rolleyes:

Have you tried it on another machine? Does windows attempt to recognise it?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Work in Waterford Micro Systems myself, we deal with those dodge power connecters all the time.

9 The Mall, Waterford.

Phone: 051 - 876631

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Have you tried it on another machine? Does windows attempt to recognise it?

Hi... no i haven't tried it on another machine.

It has its own external power source and when I plug it in the light flashes for a second and cuts out. The HD is then not accessable via the laptop although it seems to be working (can hear the buzzing computer sound going on) and there is no reason why it should be broken (not used that often, kept away etc) :(

Hi... no i haven't tried it on another machine.

It has its own external power source and when I plug it in the light flashes for a second and cuts out. The HD is then not accessable via the laptop although it seems to be working (can hear the buzzing computer sound going on) and there is no reason why it should be broken (not used that often, kept away etc) :(

If you get a chance try it on another machine. Generally these devises work fine once plugged in, but you may need to re-install the drivers.

How old is it? Drives do sometimes break down, and can do without warning. Its not uncommon which is why its always good to backup regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Semi-related question - any where in Waterford where I could get them to upgrade my Macbook Pro to an SSD and migrate my data across? It's fairly straight forward but the last time I opened my MBP, I broke a cable which connected the top case to the motherboard. They are very, very delicate once opened!

Sully wrote: »
    If you get a chance try it on another machine. Generally these devises work fine once plugged in, but you may need to re-install the drivers.

How old is it? Drives do sometimes break down, and can do without warning. Its not uncommon which is why its always good to backup regularly.

It is 2 years old in June....

Isn't the harddrive my backup, I hardly need another backup to my backup.. Confused.

If my harddrive is broken can anyone fix it?

It is 2 years old in June....

Isn't the harddrive my backup, I hardly need another backup to my backup.. Confused.

If my harddrive is broken can anyone fix it?

Not worth fixing tbh as they can be got fairly cheap these days.

Advertisement