Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Horizon Set Top Box trial

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

flanna wrote: »
    If you are out of contract ring customer loyalty and threaten to cancel they won't be long changing their tune, do you mind me asking what your bill is at the moment?
    who_me wrote: »
    12.50 increase? Yikes. Are you a broadband customer as well?

So I take it not everyone has received this?

I pay €76 a month. I have 'The Complete Bundle-100'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

PeteK* wrote: »

I pay 78 for broadband, phone and the Digital max tv pack, my bill is going up by €1.50 per month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I pay 78 for broadband, phone and the Digital max tv pack, my bill is going up by €1.50 per month...

There is a seperate thread to discuss the price increases.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056928555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

PeteK* wrote: »

That's the biggest price hike I've seen. I'm on

120Mbps broadband
    Digital Max TV
    Sky Sports & Movies
    Digital+ HD
    Home Phone

and my price hike was 4.80.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Back on topic please, you can't steer every thread to the price increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

has anyone who got the email re the trial been contacted by upc yet re the installation? I'm off this Friday so would be mighty convenient if they could install it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

patrickc wrote: »
    has anyone who got the email re the trial been contacted by upc yet re the installation? I'm off this Friday so would be mighty convenient if they could install it then.

No, don't think so. I doubt if it's going to happen this week, or someone would have heard by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Not heard anything since the email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭coldcake

kippy wrote: »
    Not heard anything since the email.

Same here not a peep. Even updated contact details just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

patrickc wrote: »

Yes, this was posted here (#551 on this thread) on Saturday, hopefully we'll get an update soon.
    They were fairly quick getting back to me. Got the email wed, got a phone call yesterday and they're installing it Monday. Sweet!

I asked him if there was an option for self-install but it seems the phone call was from an automated service so I guess they gave him a proposed date and time for the installation and he was asked to press '1' if that slot suited and he did, so presumably they arrived today.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84244855&postcount=551

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Is the trial closed? CAn I apply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

I received the email from upc today to say I will be part of the trial too so excited

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Glad its not just me awaiting word on the trail. I also haven't heard anything since the email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

RnR wrote: »
    Is the trial closed? Can I apply?
    yeh the sign up for the trial is closed but you can pre register to get the Horizon box on the UPC site.
    EDIT: here's the link http://www.upc.ie/horizonoffer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Nearly 2 weeks since I heard so I am hoping to hear next couple of days, need to take a day off soon would like to double it up with getting this installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Email received 11 days ago, nothing received since.
    It may be alphabetical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

How much is the Horizon box going to cost, when it becomes available to regular customers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'd say a fiver a month, like HD, or Multiroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

think someone mentioned it will be an extra €2.50 a month

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

ciaran75 wrote: »
    think someone mentioned it will be an extra €2.50 a month

yeah, I think that is what the people on the trial are paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Email received 11 days ago, nothing received since.
    It may be alphabetical?

Well my name is Aaron A Aaronson and I haven't heard a Fuppin thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

was wondering the same thing...email and no further contact

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

At the risk of stating the obvious, they can't roll out the boxes as fast as they can send out the e-mails saying you've been accepted on the trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭granturismo

coylemj wrote: »
    At the risk of stating the obvious, they can't roll out the boxes as fast as they can send out the e-mails saying you've been accepted on the trial.

At the risk of stating the obvious, there havent been too many posters telling us they've received their Horizon trial box in the last two weeks.

At the risk of stating the obvious, there havent been too many posters telling us they've received their Horizon trial box in the last two weeks.

At the risk of stating the obvious, not everyone who has the new box on trial is on boards or follows this forum even if they are a boardsie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

At the risk of stating the obvious,here is what the email said "You have been successful in registering for our Horizon TV trial and we will be in touch in the coming weeks with full details.

So they will be in touch in the coming weeks with full details relax everyone my guess would be next week

Got my box today on way home to set it up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Craigels wrote: »

Did you sign up for the trial? When did they call you?

iDann wrote: »
    Did you sign up for the trial? When did they call you?

Yea I'm part of trial there was no call just email few days ago got box today

Yea I'm part of trial there was no call just email few days ago got box today

Ahh lucky you, did you sign up through Facebook? Did they describe all the details in the email, such as your reward and delivery date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Noticed when I'm changing channels it loses sound and the only way to get the sound back is to change to another channel and back again. Not happening all the time but enough for me (and my daughter) to start noticing it.

Ok so I have it set up but we have no broadband or home phone I was on to customer care and they said my line had to be changed and it should become active in the morning anyone else have that problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

So did you get the option to self install? And where did you have to pick up the box?

Thanks

Someone asked about the testers on Facebook.
    Hi John, we will be sending out the next emails to everyone on the trial this evening and tomorrow so check your inbox Thanks, Paul · 8 hours ago

If someone got a call about delivery of the new box, could they post the phone number that came up on their display please, it should be stored in your call log under 'received calls'.

I just want to check in case I missed them, I have a few missed calls but don't want to call back in case it was some other crowd cold calling me.

coylemj wrote: »
    If someone got a call about delivery of the new box, could they post the phone number that came up on their display please, it should be stored in your call log under 'received calls'.

I just want to check in case I missed them, I have a few missed calls but don't want to call back in case it was some other crowd cold calling me.

+1, got two missed calls from an unusual number.

Ok so I have it set up but we have no broadband or home phone I was on to customer care and they said my line had to be changed and it should become active in the morning anyone else have that problem

everyting was sorted this morning have to say im very impressed with the box i havd been informed by someone in the know that we will be getting a new remote control with a keyboard on the back can wait to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Im liking it so far aswell. I'm having problems setting up the home network and the picture doesn't seem to be as good on some channels and switching between them is a bit slow but overall a massive improvement on the old box. a remote with a keyboard would be really nice. haven't tried many of the apps yet but YouTube is perfect, layout a little odd tho. The number that rang me was 012571210. its different from the normal UPC number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

The Horizon box is able to browse YouTube?

yup, you can watch tv and browse YouTube in a sidebar. it autosearches for clips related to the program your watching but there is a search function aswell. pretty cool..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

still waiting to hear from them about receiving my horizon box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

yup, you can watch tv and browse YouTube in a sidebar. it autosearches for clips related to the program your watching but there is a search function aswell. pretty cool..
    That's really cool! Are you able to sign into your YouTube account to get updates on your Subscribed channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Im liking it so far aswell. I'm having problems setting up the home network and the picture doesn't seem to be as good on some channels and switching between them is a bit slow but overall a massive improvement on the old box. a remote with a keyboard would be really nice. haven't tried many of the apps yet but YouTube is perfect, layout a little odd tho. The number that rang me was 012571210. its different from the normal UPC number

Must say I find the picture better quality all round and quicker to change channels.
    What problems are you having with the home network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

No call yet (got the accepted email on the 12th) but just got another email there now saying "it won’t be long until you’re experiencing the full Horizon TV service in your own home" and a link to the app & website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I got the same email as that do they call you on your mobile or landline.

Hootanany wrote: »
    I got the same email as that do they call you on your mobile or landline.

I got told that if they can't get through to you by call they will email instead or else just email you first!

I've barely used it so far but ill have go after work tonight. The network problem could very well be my prehistoric pc and the picture quality could be sorted after adjusting a few settings hopefully.. Happy with what I've seen so far regardless.. I didn't see a log in for YouTube, but again, i wasn't on it for long.

Looks like these will be the boxes for the other rooms. http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/04/24/pace-secures-horizon-contract/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Got the email mentioned by others today. Nothing specific really in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Anybody running the horizon box through an amp? What type sound is it outputting?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement