Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Horizon Set Top Box trial

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭granturismo

paulboland wrote: »
    IF YOUR USING ANY WIRELES G SET TO 20MHZ ONLY
    WIFI change to 20mhz only not 20/40
    Use program called insider to see performance on different channel
    best channel to use are 1 or 6 or 11

Thanks, I have insider.

Have 100M so will leave it at 20/40.

I'll check whether my wireless devices are g or n.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

IF YOUR USING ANY WIRELES G SET TO 20MHZ ONLY
    WIFI change to 20mhz only not 20/40

Note if you have 100mb or 150mb package you will need to set to 20/40 setting as max rate on 20mhz is 144mb
    20/40 setting is 300mb max
    But only if your wireless on pc or device is N WITH MAX RATE OF 300MB and your not using any wireless g devices
    If your only using devices that are wireless n in settings use n only instead of mixed

If your using any wireless g make sure its set to mixed mode
    I have noticed the signal does not drop as much but still does a bit
    if you do the above and following below

Use program called insider to see performance on different channel
    best channel to use are 1 or 6 or 11
    All depends on who's also is on the channel if your next door neighbour is on same channel use a different one look for any strong signal near your router it will show up in green if strong and avoid that channel if possible depending on amount of other wireless networks close by if you have a lot of strong signal of other SSID near you and cant find a channel that won't cause interference there not much you can do except get another router and set up in wireless access mode or buy power-line extenders or wireless extenders
    In ideal world you have a channel on 1/6/11 that's just you but as more of your neighbours have wireless broadband this will cause interference and avoid baby monitors even your next door neighbour if thy have one find out what channel its on and avoid that channel

Good info here.

I'll also add one point here - if you're on 2.4GHz (which everyone is, as 5GHz is disabled), then the Horizon box may auto-disable 40MHz channels (even though they're "On" in the interface) due to interference with your neighbours - even if you select a channel that no neighbour is using. You need to use one of the Wifi tools to find a channel where the neighbouring channels are free too (i.e. "a big gap" :) )

For me, I used the higher channels (13, I think) which fewer people seem to use, and 40MHz re-enabled.

40MHz channels are very useful, given they virtually double your N Wifi speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

using http://192.168.192.1/ all those setting will also be back to factory settings
    If you changed admin password it will be back to admin and you will have to wait about 10-15 min before you can log in using http://192.168.192.1/

i am getting
    Could not save your settings
    Error: Invalid is returend!!

when i try to save wireless settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

i am getting
    Could not save your settings
    Error: Invalid is returend!!

when i try to save wireless settings
    Turn box off/on and try again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Eamonn

Hi folks,

Just letting you know that we would be happy to review any wireless issues customers are experiencing on the Horizon trial, if you PM UPC: Reps with your account details.

Thanks

Is that 'Key Interval'? My key interval is set at 600 seconds. I cant find DHCP lease time on the Horizon wireless menu

Sorry, at work so I can't confirm. If no one else answers first, I'll check when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Simon201 wrote: »
    Yeah ok here -
    Macbook
    OS X 10.7.5
    Safari 6.0.5
    Widevine 6.0.0.12584

Can't get it to work on IMac OS X 10.8.4.

Anyone else having problems streaming from horizon.tv on Mountain Lion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just an update in my R Scanning issue.

A tech call out has being ordered and a new box is on its way as UPC couldn't fix the issue.

When I signed up I perfumed the box was at UAT level, it appears its not I think I may just give it back and go with sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

My Horizon box is being returned tomorrow and I'm going back to the old, but still flawed, system of HD DVR and separate modem. The TV guide and channel browsing are so completely useless that I now have no idea whats on TV anymore, and little confidence that any scheduled recordings will happen as planned. At least with the old box I knew what was being missed!

I've tried the Horizon box for 2 months and its not for me, or anyone else that has seen it for that matter. If UPC release it without MAJOR changes to the user interface they would be stupid beyond belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

What major changes would you suggest out of curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Anybody have problems with the Horizon Box freezing.

Last night it wouldn't record, and kept sticking on Rte 2.

Anybody else experience this?

1. Channel browsing needs to be MUCH quicker and needs to show more than Now and Next with having to launch the full TV Guide.

2. The full TV guide needs to be MUCH quicker and show a greater period of time and more channels at once, way too much wasted space on making it look pretty. It also needs skip forward day/week option.

3. Delete entire series from recordings option.

4. Move the Delete Everything option to somewhere less dangerous!

5. Recordings need to actually record.

All simple things really, there's no excuse for them not being there now. I know its a trial but a trial with customers should be with a 99% finished product, this is nowhere near that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

All they really need to do is make a snappier, more responsive and of course fully reliable version of the interface on the old box, and maybe make it a bit more fancy looking. 3D menu transitions, massive blocky text and intrusive graphics do not make a good user interface. Also "on demand" is a mess, using thumbnails instead of a text list of what's available is totally flawed, particularly with RTE Player where the programs don't have their own thumbnails meaning you're just guessing when looking for a programme. The search function, while a nice idea, is pretty useless too as you can't search by location. That's just a couple off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

I have to say that I have had no problems recording programmes. The wireless has worked on all devices. It has failed once or twice, but when it fails, it fails on all devices. When this happens I switch off the box and it comes back within a minute. I like the interface, I like been able to see the channel logo's which look slick, but the guide does need surgery. There needs to be an option to pick your day, it also needs to be much quicker. I also agree that the "Delete Everything" option is in a very dangerous position. It probably shouldn't be there at all. The On Demand section also doesn't look right. Overall I like the box and I would keep it for being able to record four programmes alone. It is so handy and a brilliant feature.

I would compleletly agree, The Splash of pictures may look pretty but its absolutly sucks to navigate, I think its suited to the Movies section but its godawful for RTE etc.

The search function is seriously awful. Why on earth can you only search for a single word? You get millions of hits for a keyword and then there is no page down or fast scroll in the search results. Also search, unless you choose something like "search all", it should by default just search in the section you are in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 dalkiadave

Have to say the user interface is way too arty not practical, but for me the wifi range is the reason this box is going back unless its sorted, cant get wifi in the next room????? Seems to be a serious bugbear in this thead

My wifi signal strength has improved. Getting a steady 4 bars on my windows workstation upstairs. Outperforming the Thompson router which would be 2 bars most of the time, sometimes up to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PacificRooster

dalkiadave wrote: »
    Have to say the user interface is way too arty not practical, but for me the wifi range is the reason this box is going back unless its sorted, cant get wifi in the next room????? Seems to be a serious bugbear in this thead

I agree. First impressions the user face is ultra modern etc but it doesn't take long for that to ware off. My issues are:

• font size too small on programme info, clock, my recordings etc. No option in settings to increase font size - defo needs this option.
    • Navigation of Channel Guide awkward/clunky. Make the channel preview here optional if it speeds it up. Also as said here earlier need to be able to jump forward by 1, 2, 3, 4, etc days on Guide as on old box.
    • Deleting a recording sloooooow - I'm pressing OK alot thinking it hasn't taken when it has but it's slow.
    • Bring back the old programme reminder set-up i.e. auto jump to reminder prog.
    • Too many options on screen when you press BACK - keep it simple. Old option of scrolling through programmes on channel info was better.
    I haven't had the wireless problems thankfully but the box interface needs work to make it snappier.

I don't think the channel preview in the Guide is causing it to slow down. If you look at the channel list (by holding the Up/Down buttons), scrolling through that is exactly the same. 2-3 seconds to start scrolling, and keeps scrolling for 2-3 seconds after you release.

For me, reminders aren't working at all, never have.

The lack of a single button which exits you out of all menus (the Live TV button doesn't work right in Apps or in the Info/Channel Menu) really bugs me. 6 button presses to get back to TV from a page in one of the apps.

Also hate the looping menus/lists (particularly when scrolling through your recordings) but that's unlikely to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

dalkiadave wrote: »

I agree , can't get it in the attic conversion or our the back garden , which wasn't a problem with the Last router

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Flags of our Father Froze again asking for my money back now

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭e21man

Right at last fixed my freezing box issue
    I put an awful lot of effort into to working out how the NAS box was freezing it(the horizon box was not scanning it couldnt even see it)

So i set my sights on my media box a Popcorn Hour A-210

i telneted to the box and stated to kill certain applications to see if anything stopped the freeze

I stopped an application called nmt_Scannerd this is an app which scans for media from Networked Media Tank and updates the media player jukebox
    As soon as i stopped this the horizon box stopped freezing snd i havent had a freeze since

so thanks for all the advice and help on this site hopefully if anyone else see this post it may help them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The guide thing is pissing me off want to record ufc at 3am and it's not available. It's a balls

My Horizon box was due to be collected this morning, agreed a Sat as its the only day I could arrange cover for work, UPC customer service rang me to arrange it 10 days ago.

They didn't turn up!

Rang around 9.30am to check what time they'd be out, said they couldn't find confirmation of appointment, lots of notes about one of their staff trying to make the arrangements and failing so it was assigned to a supervisor to arrange. They didn't do it and didn't bother informing me. Customer service person this morning, Sinead, said she double check and call me back at 10am. She didn't.

Rang them again at 12 to see what was going on, spoke to Sinead again by coincidence, she said she'd check again and ring me back by 12.30 at the latest. I made it very clear that I had to leave at 1pm. She didn't call back, again.

Had to leave for work at 1pm, then got a call at 2.30pm from a UPC technician to say he'd be with me in 10 minutes, told him I wasn't there and wouldn't be back until 6pm, he said he'd call me back in a few minutes, not sure why but he never bothered anyway.

So, today UPC have failed to turn up, failed to return calls as promised, and cost me €150 I had to pay a locum to cover work.

Incompetence, bad manners, and lack of any sort of respect for customers time is all I've had from UPC today. I am not happy!

Manual recording of ufc never happened, the box was asleep when I got up, what a pain in the ass. If this guide can't be sorted whats the use of the horizon that is needed for its main features.

Not a sky tv fan however at least it has a guide, might have to consider leaving upc for tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

quenching wrote: »
    My Horizon box was due to be collected this morning, agreed a Sat as its the only day I could arrange cover for work, UPC customer service rang me to arrange it 10 days ago.

They didn't turn up!

Rang around 9.30am to check what time they'd be out, said they couldn't find confirmation of appointment, lots of notes about one of their staff trying to make the arrangements and failing so it was assigned to a supervisor to arrange. They didn't do it and didn't bother informing me. Customer service person this morning, Sinead, said she double check and call me back at 10am. She didn't.

Rang them again at 12 to see what was going on, spoke to Sinead again by coincidence, she said she'd check again and ring me back by 12.30 at the latest. I made it very clear that I had to leave at 1pm. She didn't call back, again.

Had to leave for work at 1pm, then got a call at 2.30pm from a UPC technician to say he'd be with me in 10 minutes, told him I wasn't there and wouldn't be back until 6pm, he said he'd call me back in a few minutes, not sure why but he never bothered anyway.

So, today UPC have failed to turn up, failed to return calls as promised, and cost me €150 I had to pay a locum to cover work.

Incompetence, bad manners, and lack of any sort of respect for customers time is all I've had from UPC today. I am not happy!

Have had that issue a load of times with them, tell them you're gonna leave the box etc. outside your house and they can collect it whenever they want.. They usually turn up pretty quick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

quenching wrote: »
    1. Channel browsing needs to be MUCH quicker and needs to show more than Now and Next with having to launch the full TV Guide.

2. The full TV guide needs to be MUCH quicker and show a greater period of time and more channels at once, way too much wasted space on making it look pretty. It also needs skip forward day/week option.

3. Delete entire series from recordings option.

4. Move the Delete Everything option to somewhere less dangerous!

5. Recordings need to actually record.

All simple things really, there's no excuse for them not being there now. I know its a trial but a trial with customers should be with a 99% finished product, this is nowhere near that.

+1

May I add couple of more things onto this?

6. Ability to press a button and record the following day, or different day in the week (on the guide, like DVR HD+ box)

7. get rid or sort out the clunky, slow, pictures from 'on demand' section

8. Fix RTE player, has not worked since I got my box.

9. Channel favourites will not re-order, and then the box skips channels very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 01798303

Does getting the box de-consolidated and having the internet though a router affect your price at all? Been thinking about getting the EPC2425 router reactivated but I can't help but think they'll want to charge me extra for both the horizon box AND a router.
    I had my cisco router reconsolidated shortly after the broadband went down on my horizon box... No additional costs or problems so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Organised to have my horizon box collected during the week... It's gonna be a long long long long loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before they address all of the issues with the box in my opinion, I find it hard to believe it's already been out for a year (or longer?) in other countries and it's still as bad as it is. They told me today that its due for public release in the next couple of weeks, I pity their customer service team...

unklerosco wrote: »
    Organised to have my horizon box collected during the week... It's gonna be a long long long long loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before they address all of the issues with the box in my opinion, I find it hard to believe it's already been out for a year (or longer?) in other countries and it's still as bad as it is. They told me today that its due for public release in the next couple of weeks, I pity their customer service team...

The software code was created a year ago not the horizon box
    The horizon box has only been used by customers in Holland from last November and Switzerland only got is a few months before we did
    The testing stage is still been used in Holland/Switzerland and now Ireland
    The code was created first now the reason we are testing this is to find out what problems the Software and box has and that why its called a trial
    The new remote is only out in all countries above from May/June
    So code been worked on to fix the new remote causing the box to freeze
    as this was not a problem with previous remote
    This Horizon will get better in time as updates fix problems
    This is the same for customers with Sky HD Boxes who test new software
    They also have beta software trials for customers to find out problems
    And then they release to general public just to let you know sky HD box software trail of new software is even over longer period you would see lot more problems with there beta software than horizon trial has

If you find any problems
    1. Let UPC know

2.Wifi you must be using a wireless N on your computer to get N speeds
    G speeds are max 54 in real terms g speed on wireless is 20mb

3.Change channel to 1/6/11 use inSSIDer for Home its free http://www.metageek.net/support/downloads/
    to find best channel read how to use program from the help section

4.Wired connection is best for streaming video just have any hard drives connected to your pc and pc to horizon
    As long as pc is a wired connection all devices connected to pc all will stream full speed of gigabyte to horizon
    no point trying to stream video using wireless especially if your trying to stream from upstairs to downstairs or visa versa
    That's for all broadband in general not towards UPC all broadband providers
    Remember you can also use another wireless N router with gigabyte connections if its set up in wireless access mode and also becomes a gigabyte switch

If your using wireless n and wireless g devices at the same time your wireless speed will auto be wireless G speed

use wireless n devices only if you want fast wireless

Call UPC if you notice any problems
    Wifi
    Freezing of box
    any other you notice
    Don't presume they know about a problem let them know

There will be new guide features including 2 week planner
    Also other features added
    First they want to find out any problems before new and extra features added to the box

• Advertisement

The software code was created a year ago not the horizon box
    The horizon box has only been used by customers in Holland from last November and Switzerland only got is a few months before we did
    The testing stage is still been used in Holland/Switzerland and now Ireland
    The code was created first now the reason we are testing this is to find out what problems the Software and box has and that why its called a trial
    The new remote is only out in all countries above from May/June
    So code been worked on to fix the new remote causing the box to freeze
    as this was not a problem with previous remote
    This Horizon will get better in time as updates fix problems
    This is the same for customers with Sky HD Boxes who test new software
    They also have beta software trials for customers to find out problems
    And then they release to general public just to let you know sky HD box software trail of new software is even over longer period you would see lot more problems with there beta software than horizon trial has

If you find any problems
    1. Let UPC know

2.Wifi you must be using a wireless N on your computer to get N speeds
    G speeds are max 54 in real terms g speed on wireless is 20mb

3.Change channel to 1/6/11 use insider to find best channel

4.Wired connection is best for streaming video just have any hard drives connected to your pc and pc to horizon
    As long as pc is a wired connection all devices connected to pc all will stream full speed of gigabyte to horizon
    no point trying to stream video using wireless especially if your trying to stream from upstairs to downstairs or visa versa
    That's for all broadband in general not towards UPC all broadband providers
    Remember you can also use another wireless N router with gigabyte connections if its set up in wireless access mode and also becomes a gigabyte switch

If your using wireless n and wireless g devices at the same time your wireless speed will auto be wireless G speed

use wireless n devices only if you want fast wireless

Call UPC if you notice any problems
    Wifi
    Freezing of box
    any other you notice
    Don't presume they know about a problem let them know

There will be new guide features including 2 week planner
    Also other features added
    First they want to find out any problems before new and extra features added to the box

1) Called UPC, problems still remain. (On second box now)
    2) Waiting for a call this Monday evening (I shall be giving them a piece of my mind, regarding failure of guide, on-demand, menus)
    3) 'There will be new guide' When????? I am going back to my old DVR HD+ box, much better.
    4) UPC know of the problems, but seem to be unable to correct them.

1) Called UPC, problems still remain. (On second box now)
    2) Waiting for a call this Monday evening (I shall be giving them a piece of my mind, regarding failure of guide, on-demand, menus)
    3) 'There will be new guide' When????? I am going back to my old DVR HD+ box, much better.
    4) UPC know of the problems, but seem to be unable to correct them.
    This is a trial that's why its not on general release yet

Guide extra features will be released when problems fixed no point adding features until problems that are now sorted
    Problems are not the Horizon BOX its the code as in software
    They asked us if we want to TRIAL the Horizon Box

As long as we report any problems they will work on a fix
    Some problems might not be the software you might just have a faulty box
    Wifi problems most are customers using wireless g devices and wireless n devices or only have a wireless g pc
    Location of the box is important for wifi and what channel your on
    Your location also is a factor how many other wireless routers in operation in your area

REMEMBER if your using wireless G device and wireless N device at the same time is connected your wireless n device will become wireless g speed
    To use wireless N at full speed all devices connected to router must be wireless N only
    This not much a problem if your on the 50mb package but if you have 100mb or 150mb don't have any wireless g devices connected if you want wireless speed of above 50mb

1.Dont use same wifi channel as your closest neighbours
    2.Wireless Phones using 2.4ghz must not be near the Horizon box especially same power socket as horizon is connected to and if your wireless phone has function to change channel change it to one that's not close to your router wireless channel
    3.Baby monitors some use 2.4ghz wireless you must make sure its not using the same channel as your router and if you live next door to family using a baby monitors that's that same rule cant be on same channel

4.Dont have the horizon anywhere near your kitchen if kitchen has a microwave or metal fridge

5.Some older wireless phone extenders like the all in one from a few years ago not good with the horizon causes problems the newer latest wireless phone extenders are ok

I know the horizon router is not as good as a separate wireless router I would never even try to say that
    But you can do the following
    Do the above to make sure your wifi is not getting any interference

You can make a better wifi or a wired connection to devices around the house by
    1.Using another wireless router in wireless access mode only
    2.Using a wireless extender
    3.Using power line gigabyte adaptors

Also note you may find a good wireless channel to use and all is great but you need to remember that channel at some stage in day or night time might get used as routers wireless is turned on in your area
    So you might need to keep watch on the channel and change it example your next door neighbour changes the channel to what your using
    If you live in a area with lot of wireless traffic you will never get great wireless and wired connection will be best used

For broadband always best to use a wired connection as much as possible
    Ok iPad and iPhone and other wirelees only devices you have no option but to use wireless but if your device has a wired connection use it

+1

7. get rid or sort out the clunky, slow, pictures from 'on demand' section

8. Fix RTE player, has not worked since I got my box.

For point 7 do you mean get rid of the posters altogether when browsing like on the old box or change the way they are displayed?

And for point 8 Rte player works fine for me, the pictures are crap but it plays ok., what do you mean by has not worked since you got your box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Manual recording of ufc never happened, the box was asleep when I got up, what a pain in the ass. If this guide can't be sorted whats the use of the horizon that is needed for its main features.

Not a sky tv fan however at least it has a guide, might have to consider leaving upc for tv.

My tour de france has been recording ok...but if my UFC didn't record last night they'll be hell to pay

Have patience there will be a 2 week programme guide and using the colour buttons on remote for
    next
    24hs -24hrs
    as in the sky guide
    Also other features coming
    The info guide on Horizon is much better than Sky looks lot better to me
    It will get lot better when full planner is used and the colour buttons are used
    When this will happen will be some stage on general release so don't ask me when I don't know yet but I was told its coming including some other amazing features you have not seen yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Streaming from the pc wired connection is fine for me but I can't figure out that when playing music that is steaming to horizon I cannot play a whole album only 1 song ay a time
    that's using Windows media player

For point 7 do you mean get rid of the posters altogether when browsing like on the old box or change the way they are displayed?

And for point 8 Rte player works fine for me, the pictures are crap but it plays ok., what do you mean by has not worked since you got your box?

7. Change the way they are displaced or place them into lists.

8. RTE player has not worked, all I get is the big Yellow play button, but no programmes actually appear or will play.

Any UPC rep see this can you let me know when the guide update will be released. This is royally pissing me off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 harryw

Is anyone else using the box for their phone?

Twice since the trial started the phone functionality has stopped working. Yesterday when trying to call home I got a message saying the number wasn't available and I could leave a message (no idea where messages are stored). When I got home I tried to call out and got no dial tone. Switching the box on and off cleared the problem.

Anyone seen this? What's the general consensus on the reliability of the phone through the separate cisco router - is that better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I had a few problems at the start but as you said a reset always sorted it. Has been fine the last few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

harryw wrote: »

Twice since the trial started the phone functionality has stopped working. Yesterday when trying to call home I got a message saying the number wasn't available and I could leave a message (no idea where messages are stored). When I got home I tried to call out and got no dial tone. Switching the box on and off cleared the problem.

Anyone seen this? What's the general consensus on the reliability of the phone through the separate cisco router - is that better?

The phones depend on the internet running. If the modem freezes, it effects the phones. Usually a power off/on of the box fixes it. It's as reliable as the cisco IMO....considering it's still in a trial.

Have patience there will be a 2 week programme guide and using the colour buttons on remote for
    next
    24hs -24hrs
    as in the sky guide
    Also other features coming
    The info guide on Horizon is much better than Sky looks lot better to me
    It will get lot better when full planner is used and the colour buttons are used
    When this will happen will be some stage on general release so don't ask me when I don't know yet but I was told its coming including some other amazing features you have not seen yet

Patience is not ordering sky when the box missed a World Title fight that I wanted to see. Rang UPC and there is no record of anyone reporting this. As I am not at home I will have to ring later again.

Any UPC rep see this can you let me know when the guide update will be released. This is royally pissing me off now.

Hi there.

We don't have any information regarding an update to the guide currently. If any updates are released we will advise customers on the trial.

We are continuing to pass on all feedback received from customers on the trial to the Horizon Team.

Thanks

Hi harryw,

If you PM UPC: Reps with your account details we can review any issues you are experiencing with the phone service during the trial.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 harryw

Hi Eamonn,

I used the "report a horizon tv issue" button on the web page that was sent out recently to log issues - is that sufficient?

• Advertisement

Hi Eamonn,

I used the "report a horizon tv issue" button on the web page that was sent out recently to log issues - is that sufficient?

Yes a member of our Horizon Team will follow up with you if you have reported the issue via this method. Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

This week, 3 times lately, box doesn't come out of standby and needs to be restarted. You know it's going to happen as the time clock is always wrong when this happens. Once restarts it works and clock is correct.

Eamonn that's all the details I have happened yesterday and today. PM sent to UCP reps with a/c and details.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Stl150

Hi all

Just to note that I changed the wifi settings to 20mhz only. This along with a channel change increased the range of the wifi.

This will end my moaning on the wifi range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Which channel has bbc1 HD gone to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Simon201 wrote: »
    Which channel has bbc1 HD gone to?

Is it not just BBC 1's location?

Horizon box froze again this evening, flicking through guide etc and the thing completely freezes.
    As in picture sound and menu operation completely stops.
    Full unplug on/off sorts it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement