Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Formula 1?

• 16-03-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

It may be too late with everything getting started tomorrow, but does anyone know about any good fantasy F1 sites? Would be nice to get a small boards league going.

*edit*

Google has found me a few, and they all shut down at midnight tonight. So it may be pushing it.

*double edit*

Found this; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056562185

Have at it! I'll try entice a few of them over here later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

How does it work ? Pick Vettle every week seems good to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Just made a Fantasy Sports Arena league for us to have separate to the main Boards one.

The passwords is "fsa".

To join after you make your team, click "My teams" in the left sidebar, then "join leagues" on the right. Should be handy to join after that. You have under 2 hours! Good luck!

I've stuck 2 teams in to get started. No harm, since my knowledge of the sport doesn't go past 2008. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

May as well join although i'd say it's a bit late to set this up. At the moment you have a 66% chance of winning this league:D

Yeah starting a league 2 hours before the deadline was never going to work. Never crossed my mind until tonight though. Sure feck it, we'll see how the next hour goes. Plenty will be in here looking for FPL captain ideas for tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I popped a few teams in there.

• Advertisement

Did anyone else go for the Cosworth engine to allow for better choices elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

carlcon wrote: »
    Did anyone else go for the Cosworth engine to allow for better choices elsewhere?

I did and I changed back, I'm glad I did after looking at HRT's performance in P1 last night!

Ha, someone stuck 5 teams in. I think we may be ruining it before we begin. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

Joined up, just made the team name the same as my boards username.

Decent start for my first team, with McClaren taking the front 2, and Button starting 2nd.

Anyone have Grosjean? I predicted Lotus would punch above their weight this year, but went for Räikkönen instead of him. Could bite me in the ass.

• Advertisement

Week 1 results in.

Our own little league
    IjFUw.png

Main Boards League top 10
    02W9F.png

Looks like a top driver and top car, with a weak engine is the way to go for the moment. Of course, it's still early days, so we'll have to wait and see.

I really do fancy Button this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Happy enough with that start:)

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

carlcon wrote: »
    Week 1 results in.

Our own little league
    IjFUw.png

Main Boards League top 10
    02W9F.png

Looks like a top driver and top car, with a weak engine is the way to go for the moment. Of course, it's still early days, so we'll have to wait and see.

I really do fancy Button this year though.

Look like a strong engine with 2 top drivers is the way to go... I missed out this league as I wasn't on boards at the time but I'm currently tied 1st in the world at the moment.

Advertisement