Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened in El Quad?

Options
  • 16-03-2012 10:24pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

What the topic says, I see we lost it to IC (again) and we did not gain any other land.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Nody wrote: »
    What the topic says, I see we lost it to IC (again) and we did not gain any other land.

they beat us :) it was close. they ran with 4 meds and 5 arty and spotted our arty early.
    its not all bad though as west Africa is opening up monday which should give us a good opertunity to gain land. we could be stuck for is7s though in a landing final.
    dont go for landings before monday as we need every tank we have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dave_lister

I think we should just give up with Tebessa.

Start looking elsewhere to land. Glad other parts are opening up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

is there new landing zones opening up aswell then with all the extra land ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I was surprised to see no chips were placed for an attack anywhere. I didn't ask, and when someone asked twice about when were our battles in chat, there was no reply.

I heard Bruff mention the Czechs asked if we would help them defend their land, something that would have cost us nothing and If we could have got them to do the same in return, it might have saved our land and our tanks for the night. This wasn't followed up on.

And what's most maddening of all is IC managed to hold Tebbessa. :mad:

Tell those relatives not to come around on weekends anymore Dan, it's all their fault.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think we should just give up with Tebessa.

Start looking elsewhere to land. Glad other parts are opening up.
    Sorry for being blunt here but what difference does it make? We've consistently lost against a non land owning clan (IC) and failed to hold on before the tank freeze. With the selection of tanks we got (60+ T10 players) there is no reason beyond people skill, tactics and/or BC skill to why we don't hold on to it. It is not like this is the first time we lost land either; going somewhere else with out fixing the root cause(s) don't fix the problem. The simple fact is we're not consistently performing as a clan at a level we should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Nody wrote: »
    Sorry for being blunt here but what difference does it make? We've consistently lost against a non land owning clan (IC) and failed to hold on before the tank freeze. With the selection of tanks we got (60+ T10 players) there is no reason beyond people skill, tactics and/or BC skill to why we don't hold on to it. It is not like this is the first time we lost land either; going somewhere else with out fixing the root cause(s) don't fix the problem. The simple fact is we're not consistently performing as a clan at a level we should be.

IC have won and lost land in the same provences as much as we have. In fact the last time we held land in el quad, there was a clan below us that held 20 provences. they are gone now.
    their is noting extra special about our clan that places us obove other clans.
    the defence last night could have gone either way and every1 played well.
    the key moment was a T54 getting through after taking 3 bounces in the ass and a batchat spotting our arty in the base from the ridge ???
    im not saying we dont need to improve and TRAIN but this has been said over and over again and noting has been done about it.
    Also a new purge was supposed to happen. again noting
    IC and other clans are using gold consumables and shells. we barely debated it with no conclusions.
    nobody reads the forum.
    end of rant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Ok not that i am bitching or anything and i do not want anyone to get offended but last night someone said shells are half price go buy them. And i went. I actually bought gold shells. And when the team was formed they didn't any T30's except one. And the sad part is that i clearly said that i have gold shells loaded they instead went for the guy who doesn't have gold shells. He said it himself. And i think that we shouldn't pick players by number of matches he has in his vehicle. I don't play my T30 too often and the player who played had more battles. The reason i don't play T30 is because my comp is **** and it sometimes crashes or disconnects me so i make a huge loss which i don't have to make. And again we come to the point of gold shells which are much better then the normal ones but obviously this clan would better go for the player who has more battles then the player who has gold shells and chocolate amd both players have probably the same skill bacuse we had to grind through the whole american tree. Just to say very dissapointed with what happened last night. Also i would like to say that i was that player that asked TWICE when are CW and had no response. And i still don't understand why didn't we attack. And i do not want to call names because i do not anyone to get angry. NO OFFENCE to anyone but i think i am alloved to say my opinion in this clan.

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    IC have won and lost land in the same provinces as much as we have. In fact the last time we held land in el quad, there was a clan below us that held 20 provinces. they are gone now.

I knew it was a lottery holding land, but didn't realise it was that severe. I think that goes to show how clans can lose interest in it aswell. Nobody wants to be looking at that map forever, that type of thing drove Hitler even madder than he was.

I don't want a big empire, I just want us to be able to hold about 3 provinces for a decent amount of time. As most of us agree, it comes down nearly to a lottery as regards tactics. So, we need to treat it like that as regards alliances. Mutual defence is a big way to cut down the odds of losing a province. A 50% chance of losing a place, becomes 33% with joint defence. So I want link-ups with clans that think similar in future.

cro_bully wrote: »
    Ok not that i am bitching or anything and i do not want anyone to get offended but last night someone said shells are half price go buy them. And i went. I actually bought gold shells. And when the team was formed they didn't any T30's except one. And the sad part is that i clearly said that i have gold shells loaded they instead went for the guy who doesn't have gold shells. He said it himself

Well, I was the one in that T30 but I did have gold shels for that one. But I made an absoulte show out of myself at the end, and probably wont be first choice again. You were very eager to help the team defend and I was sorry you didnt get it.

I think there was another T30 in the battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

We had a good battle with them in fairness - but they got 3/4 scouts in early and had us spotted. Got our arty hammered from the off.

Gave them a good fight, but the luck was with them really.

On another point - I know people might be getting fed up as there's always talk of training etc and we haven't really done anything about it.

I'll certainly take the brunt of the blame here as I really haven't had the time the past while due to personal things so I haven't had the chance to organise things as I'd like to.

And in fairness, Bruff and Fionn took it upon themselves to organise things over the last while due to myself / Dan etc not being around and they've done a bloody fine job - so any criticism of how the clan has been doing really is unwarranted with the limited time / and organistion available to them, that those two lads have still managed to put in a huge effort and keep us going.

When myself / Dan and the other BC's are fully back we will get the organisation down how we want to (we've already had many discussions and have ideas) - just the last while tie has been at a premium.

So basically what I'm saying is; if anyone wishes to point fingers or apportion blame - point them at me, and noone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

So basically what I'm saying is; if anyone wishes to point fingers or apportion blame - point them at me, and noone else.

No Dub if anyone wants to point blame, before they do step up and try doing the job themselves first, then they can talk all they want.

Its very easy to say this is wrong that is wrong when you have nothing to do yourself only PLAY.

Every one of the DCs along with Dublin Gunner are in their positions because they care and because they are willing to work for the benefit of B-IE so as far as im concerned anyone that criticizes should have a bit of experience in doing the job they are criticizing some one else for doing. If not then, well i wont finish this but im sure you can fill in the gaps.

I don't see how anyone understood criticizm because that was not the point. I said that no one should get offended because i am speaking of a clan as a comunity not a single player. And i do not blame anyone but i think i have the right to say my opinion without anyone saying me to **** off.

I don't see how anyone understood criticizm because that was not the point. I said that no one should get offended because i am speaking of a clan as a comunity not a single player. And i do not blame anyone but i think i have the right to say my opinion without anyone saying me to **** off.

I wasn't talking directly to you Cro, but everyone.

And of course you're entitled to your opinion - as all members are. And tbh I want to hear opinions from everyone - this isn't a dictatorship!

I agree. Two completely inappropriate and over the top contributions from fionn and dub.

I think that our BC's are already doing a great job but if we somehow get people on this forum and get people active it would be much easier for them to do their job. Nonthelss both dub and fionn are making a great job. And so are the other BC's.

I agree. Two completely inappropriate and over the top contributions from fionn and dub.

I don't think so.

My post was not only appropriate (addressing concerns people have aired in this thread) and certainly not in any way over the top.

I don't think so.

My post was not only appropriate (addressing concerns people have aired in this thread) and certainly not in any way over the top.

Ok. I take that back. But it was only appropriate to those you were addressing and I'm sorry but you saying put all the blame on to yourself is very over the top. Most of us know the dedication you put in and that you can't be there all the time.

Ok. I take that back. But it was only appropriate to those you were addressing and I'm sorry but you saying put all the blame on to yourself is very over the top. Most of us know the dedication you put in and that you can't be there all the time.

But it is my responsibility to ensure things are organised and we're heading in a direction with focus.

I've let that slip the past while - unavoidable, but happened nonetheless.

• Advertisement

Sorry how exactly is my statement over the top? or inappropriate ?

If it is my post you are leaning tword then i am sorry you feel as if am telling you to as you put it **** off because i am not and never would. My post was in response to Dubs post only and you may have picked up a completely different meaning from it than what was intended.

I will say this, i stand by what i say , people who do not take charge of battles or create tactics for battles should experience it before they say anything and that is only my opinion.

Sorry how exactly is my statement over the top? or inappropriate ?

Fionn, I like to stand by what I say too. But you'l have to tell me to stand down or I wont.

FFS Fionn, welcome back.:)

Advertisement