Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Entrance Exhibition

Options
  • 16-03-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I'm looking into going to ucd and found out about this scholarship. I was just wondering what does this include? The information on ucd.ie is very clear.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Ahoy! I got one last year, but they've changed the system this year.

Basically, atm, there's only ones for peeps who get 600 points (as far as I know). That's called the Ad Astra Academy. The Ad Astra Academy also includes performing arts ones (music & drama), and Elite Athlete sport scholarships. There's also other music scholarships and sport scholarships which aren't part of Ad Astra, just to further confuse things.

Before this, they gave scholarships to the peeps who got the highest in the LC going into each subject - e.g. the people with the highest points going into Engineering, or Commerce, etc. They also gave awards (I think) to peeps who got over 540 in the LC, regardless of course - I'm not sure if that last bit was the case or not.

But again, I think, the academicy ones they have now are only for peeps who get 600 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

If you get 600 points, you become part of the ad astra academy. This entitles you to half price fees, half price on-campus accomodation (roebuck halls only, which is fully catered) or quarter price off-campus accom and you get to take part in seminars and things. Also you get €1,000 stipend to use for an educational activity over the summer. There's also a ceremony with gowns and a really nice dinner for you, your parents and you school principal.

If you get 540+ you get a cert and there is a ceremony aswell but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ImRebecca

Thanks for the answers they were really helpful. Guess I'll have to aim for 600 points :P

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

sparagon wrote: »
    If you get 600 points, you become part of the ad astra academy. This entitles you to half price fees, half price on-campus accomodation (roebuck halls only, which is fully catered) or quarter price off-campus accom and you get to take part in seminars and things. Also you get €1,000 stipend to use for an educational activity over the summer. There's also a ceremony with gowns and a really nice dinner for you, your parents and you school principal.

If you get 540+ you get a cert and there is a ceremony aswell but that's it.

Bahahaha... yes.. educational activity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nconlon92

Hey! I got my LC in 2011 but I'm only starting in UCD in 2012. Am I still eligible for an Ad Astra scholarship? Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement