Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap option for a landline number

Options
  • 16-03-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of the cheapest option available to have a landline number that I can divert to my mobile?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

http://www.goldfish.ie/

€2.50 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

http://www.goldfish.ie/

€2.50 a month

That would hardly cover the costs of the diverted calls ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its purely for the number, diverted calls get charged per call forwarded.

'We charge you for each call forwarded at the current tariff rate for that destination'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭bon ami

You get what you pay for. My experience quality of VOIP is normally so bad that it is virtually impossible to have a real conversation - they are what you say cheap. Get a Virtual Number which is ISDN and don't look cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

bon ami wrote: »
    You get what you pay for. My experience quality of VOIP is normally so bad that it is virtually impossible to have a real conversation - they are what you say cheap. Get a Virtual Number which is ISDN and don't look cheap.

Strange, I've had no problems at all with VOIP numbers. I've got an Irish number and a UK number ringing on the same phone, and the quality is indistinguishable from a landline. Of course, you need a decent broadband connection, otherwise you're at nothing - but that's completely separate to the phone number provider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭wytch

I use Blueface. Find them excellent. They even have a rep that posts here on boards. Excellent customer service, very good quality sound. You just need reliable broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

have goldfish and is excellent, i say the broadband connection/ping is what the quality of calls depend on not the voip provider

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

Used to use Blueface for all VOIP calls and found their service poor. Still use them for another project though and they seem to have improved a bit in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

I use skype for this, 50 quid a year.
    The call quality if forwarded is perfect in my experience, presumably because it's all within their network under their control. If you're signed into skype your computer will ring and then call quality will be whatever your normal skype quality is - i.e. dependent on network connection, headset used etc.

Advertisement