Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full version of Twitter on iPad - what's the URL?

Options
  • 16-03-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

If I go to Twitter via a browser on an iPad, I get automatically redirected to the mobile version. I want to use the full browser version but unlike most websites they don't provide a link for the full version. Does anyone know the URL for the full version?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Louche Lad wrote: »
    If I go to Twitter via a browser on an iPad, I get automatically redirected to the mobile version. I want to use the full browser version but unlike most websites they don't provide a link for the full version. Does anyone know the URL for the full version?

Maybe download the app: http://twitter.com/download/ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Vahevala wrote: »
    Maybe download the app: http://twitter.com/download/ipad

How would downloading the app* inform me of the URL?

*...which I already have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Louche Lad wrote: »
    How would downloading the app* inform me of the URL?

*...which I already have

I was giving you a suggestion of an app you could use to make twitter work. How nice you are :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You'd probably have to change the user-agent in your browser to access the full site, as I imagine Twitter redirect to the mobile/touch site based on that. I've no idea if you can do that with the iPad's default browser, but perhaps there's a downloadable browser where you can (you can do it on Android's browser, for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Thanks people for the suggested solutions.

Advertisement