Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting a dog between Britain and Ireland

• 17-03-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I was wondering if there are any ferry companies that will allow foot passengers to transport a small/medium dog between Britain and Ireland (leaving from Dublin or Dun Laoghaire port)? It's important that I would be able to stay with the dog during the journey. It's surprisingly difficult to find a ferry line that will allow this, has anyone heard of one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Aurum wrote: »
    I was wondering if there are any ferry companies that will allow foot passengers to transport a small/medium dog between Britain and Ireland (leaving from Dublin or Dun Laoghaire port)? It's important that I would be able to stay with the dog during the journey. It's surprisingly difficult to find a ferry line that will allow this, has anyone heard of one?

No, you can't bring your dog into the public area's of any ferry on the Irish Sea Route unless it's an assistance dog, no matter the size of it. I was on a ferry last year and this woman had a tiny little thing, she was taken down to the car deck and it was put in a kennel.

All ferries supply free kennels, the worst, by far, is on Irish Ferries 'Swift' service, they're just dog transport boxes on the car deck.

The best, and these are probably better than some proper kennels, are on Irish Ferries ' Ulysses' service, they have a large kennel wit a small run and are in a separate room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No you cant stay with the dog as it has to be left on the car deck in your car or in the kennel area.

Do you not have someone that could take the dog over for you in their car?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Davy1020

Have you considered by air from Dublin to London heathrow ?

Advertisement