Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Vets v the vet in Canada street.Any recommendations?

Options
  • 17-03-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

we are getting our dog neutered next month and i rang City Vets today and also the one in canada street next to the Three Shippes..very little in the cost talking to both they were both equally helpful and answered everything and went through it all with me

has anyone used either or both..i'm looking for recommendations really as i'm indecisive as to where would be best (if either) as i've never had to go to a vet with him before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've used both but prefer Tadhg in The Pet Hospital in Canada Street. It's a bit more convenient for me. The vets in City Vets are good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

The missus wouldn't go any further than Tadgh in Canada St. He's very friendly, a great vet and is great with the animals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

thanks for that you've made my mind up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

We've been using Tadhg for years now. We currently have four dogs and two cats. Used him when one of our dogs had pups too. And my parents use him for their two. In all that time we've not had a bad experience.

Two of ours got neutered down there as did my parents' two ao, for your specific situation, I'd happily recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

We use City Vets all the time and I have to say they are brill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

I've been going to Tadhg for seven, eight years now. My dog has a condition that needs regular monitoring and the service there is just brill. Very happy!

The remodelled clinic looks great, too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

vet down by the park is the best one in my opinion:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

City Vets for me, staff are superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It seems both are excellent :-)

We had to bring busby to the vet on a Sunday morning at 8:30 (emergency)...city vets answered the phone at 8:30 and saw the dog at 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Both are brilliant. Have used both and couldn't fault either. I suppose just go with whatever one is more convenient for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

Agree with other posters in saying that both are excellent. I've used both for many years and can't fault either of them. Having said that, Tadhg has the edge if you want a truly compassionate vet, you will get as much time as you need, whereas City Vets are more hi-tec and Sharon at reception knows absolutely everything you wish to know about cats and dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I agree 100% with tadhg...if carlsberg did vets!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

We used the vet up in carrick for the out last dog. He's great and fairly reasonable price wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Tadgh all the way. You can't do any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Does anyone else think the City Vets logo looks like it says 'City Jets'? Thought it was a Package Holiday Provider for years. The 'V' looks more like a plane than a dog!! Horrendous logo! Have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

batm!ke wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the City Vets logo looks like it says 'City Jets'? Thought it was a Package Holiday Provider for years. The 'V' looks more like a plane than a dog!! Horrendous logo! Have a look
    I thought I was the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

batm!ke wrote: »

Ah yeah I always call it City Jets. How they never changed it, I don't know,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I don't see it myself.

It's way too small...

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

just an update on this..the dog had his op on Wednesday, 2 days ago, and he is great after it..in and out with no bothers at all, went to the Pet Hospital in the end in Canada Square and they were lovely, rang me when op was over at about 10am then rang again at around 3pm to let me know he was comign around etc and very reasonable on price as well i was delighted

his scar is barely noticeable just a few little stitches and he's back to his scally wag self today trying to jump over things and dart out the door but i'm trying to keep him in until at least tomorrow before i bring him out for a stroll on the lead

all in all it went great..just in case anyone was wondering:)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

We use Suirside Vets in Carrick.. one of the best vets and most reasonable we've come across! Great service, and you don't even need an appointment, can just walk in and take a number at times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 discodave0307

Defo the pet hospital....I always feel city vets are too bureaucratic or something..thats not to say they are bad vets. I hear they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Well, i recommend Pets R Vets, O'Connell St. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

Danes wrote: »
    Agree with other posters in saying that both are excellent. I've used both for many years and can't fault either of them. Having said that, Tadhg has the edge if you want a truly compassionate vet, you will get as much time as you need, whereas City Vets are more hi-tec and Sharon at reception knows absolutely everything you wish to know about cats and dogs!

The reason Tadhg has the edge as you call it is because he worked alongside Tom delacey/legend for a time, Their heart is in the job,

Tadhg came to my house christmas eve at 7 pm ;) to check on my old rottie who was nearly gone with age, And then opened up stephens day to send him off. He held out for xmas dins was like the last supper :D

Advertisement