Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say no to the Household charge

Options
  • 17-03-2012 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Hi there here is the facebook link for the Athlone/Moate and surrounding areas, against the household charge page please share it with as many people as possible Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/SayNoToTheHouseholdCharge

We are marching tomorrow with the St Patrick's day parade in Athlone - Meeting up at McFarlands Furniture in the Diskin Centre at 1.30pm bring as many ppl as you can with you

See you there :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

**** off, you ruined any chance of myself enjoying the parade over the weekend. The ONE day I want to feel a sense of pride and enjoy my time out and you people force this rubbish upon me.

I wish you people marched in your own time instead of wasting mine.

We have marched on our own time.

The reason we marched in the parade was simply to get the word out to as many people as we can.
    We got a great reception and I don't feel we ruined the parade at all, Going by the Clapping and cheering the crowd gave us.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

**** off, you ruined any chance of myself enjoying the parade over the weekend. The ONE day I want to feel a sense of pride and enjoy my time out and you people force this rubbish upon me.

I wish you people marched in your own time instead of wasting mine.

Every person has a right to speak up and voice their opinion. I am paying the household charge (out of fear for bigger fines) but don't agree with it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmella2012

Don't register Don't pay.
    follow the campaign on twitter #NoHouseholdTax #DontRegisterDontPay

athlonelad wrote: »
    Every person has a right to speak up and voice their opinion. I am paying the household charge (out of fear for bigger fines) but don't agree with it at all.

Why the fear???
    At worst they will add 42 euro to the 100 .

Dont be silly.
    Listen in to shannonside radio around 10:30 this morning our PRO will be on to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Why the fear???
    At worst they will add 42 euro to the 100 .

Dont be silly.
    Listen in to shannonside radio around 10:30 this morning our PRO will be on to talk about it.

If you pay it in one years time. And there is no getting away from it, you will have to pay it eventually.
    Refuse to pay extra taxes, thrown more money at them through late fees. Was this campaign really thought out?

http://nohouseholdtax.org/were-winning-weve-got-them-scared/

Stop being scared by enda and the snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mrrepublic

Just paid the household charge on line.
    Hope to God that F.F. never ever return to power to rob us all again. The working people of Ireland are on their Knees all because of F.F. and their big wealthy cronies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

mrrepublic wrote: »
    Hope to God that F.F. never ever return to power to rob us all again. The working people of Ireland are on their Knees all because of F.F. and their big wealthy cronies.

So it's fine for FG and their wealthy cronies to rob us all with this poor excuse of a levy?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mrrepublic

Kurz wrote: »
    So it's fine for FG and their wealthy cronies to rob us all with this poor excuse of a levy?

never forget the reason for this levy.
    F.F. and their friends with money in brown envelopes were the law and the decision makers in this country for far too long. F.F. were also in the pockets of The big bankers and we the ordinary people were led up the garden path and are now having to pay trough the nose in order to rectify the financial mess created by the High and Mighty F.F.
    The people also have to answer as to why we continued to elect them when we all new that C.J.H., B.A. R.B. L.L. P.F. and many more were riding the system, but we were happy enough to turn a blind eye as long as it did not come to our door. We were fools easily fooled and the sad thing about it all is the fact that there are people out there that would vote F.F. no matter how corrupt they are.
    As a nation we need to grow up and leave behind civil war politics and stop voting for political parties because our parents voted for them, until the time comes that the electorate of this country mature we will remain at the mercy of corrupt politicians.

mrrepublic wrote: »

Sorry for your loss.

Advertisement