Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Suir

Options
  • 17-03-2012 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Looking at renting a property here... can anyone tell me what the apartments are like?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Which apartment block are you looking at? There are the ones down on the road, some of which are only half-finished, but the ones that are complete look nice and seem OK neighbour-wise... There is a block in behind those fully finished which seem OK but the residents haven't got the hang OF NOT PARKING ON THE F*CKING ROAD in and out of the place (sorry, I have a real bee in my bonnet over that!!) even though there is loads of parking in the place, and not so long ago there was a lad busted for allegedly dealing out of there... then there is the block of apartments up on the left as you come in which seem OK, there was an issue a while back with sessions going on all hours and shouting and loud music, stuff like that but it all seems quiet now and there is a real mix of people living there. I'm in the estate part which is great besides the unfinished houses, lot of nice families etc. It's a great location, close to town, Cleaboy and the Outer Ring Road so it's handy to get around without being caught in rush hour a la the Dunmore Road etc. We could do with a shop up here though within walking distance as Freshway is the closest and then SuperValu in the Hyper after that. If you have a car it's no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

Thanks!

We are looking at one on the roadside.

I really need to know I suppose, are they insulated okay etc. We are in a place at the moment and it is riddled with mould :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Are you living anywhere near the Quay at the moment? I've lived in 5 different places in town, 4 were near the Quay or on the Quay and we had problems with damp and mould in all of them, but lived in Railway Sq. for a year and never had a problem. Problem with apartments is no washing line and no radiators so if you dry clothes on a clothes horse it speeds up mould in a room, so a letting agent told me. At least in Mount Suir if you had a balcony you could dry stuff out on that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 queev1988

Currently living here, no issues at all!Lived in a few dives in town over the years but Mountsuir Manor is ideal,especially as I commute to Tipp everyday

Advertisement